jgwolfensberger

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

Hi -

I'm a licensed user for Builder themes and the plugin suite, but I have an obstacle with using Exchange, and I realize this has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't make sense of the discussion.

My needs are very simple. When a customer is checking out after selecting multiple products (which are all just paper design patterns that fit in envelopes), we need to provide 4 different shipping options. This really has nothing to do with product selection. All products fit in envelopes.

We just need to allow the customer to put products in their cart, go to checkout, and select one of the 4 shipping methods.

Is there a method or work-around that will allow us to accomplish this?

James

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,383 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hi James,

At this time, there are only two shipping options in Exchange:  Free Shipping or Flat Rate Shipping.  If you go into Exchange > Add-ons and click the gear symbol to the left of the Enable button for Simple Shipping, you can set your price for Flat Rate Shipping and determine whether or not you want to offer free shipping.  You can also determine there whether or not the Flat Rate Shipping price can be overridden on a product to product basis.

When your customer is checking out, they will be able to select between those two options, but those are the only options currently available in Exchange.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 jgwolfensberger

jgwolfensberger

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

Elise,

Thanks so much. This is very helpful.

I'm sure the development team is always working toward improved features. I want to offer something to hopefully consider for the Exchange physical shipping capability future versions. I'll probably be able to make use of this theme in the future if the development team would consider making the Flat Rate shipping feature with more options - not in any complex manner, but simply with the ability to add a few options that would consist of a choice and a cost. The "shipping method" choice need not be any more complicated than naming it, and associating it with a dollar value like this:

U.S. Postal - $3
U.S. Overnight - $7
International Standard - $12
International Rush - $25

Since the option of choosing any one of multiple flat rate options would equate to a name/cost fields, I imagine it could have a high limit for entries. Admittedly, this wouldn't solve many site's need to calculate shipping in the cart, but it could offer enough flexibility so that some of us could use it for simple physical product needs.

Just an idea! Thanks so much for your help! You can mark this thread resolved. :)

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,383 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

Hey James,

Thanks for the suggestion, I definitely think it's a good one.

If you have the time (and inclination), you might go add your notes here:  https://trello.com/c/ZnT8BOGH/133-allow-users-to-add-additional-shipping-options  That's the card on the roadmap for additional shipping options and the developers will see your suggestions when they work on shipping in the future.

Thanks again!

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users