blank admin ithemes security

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

Hi,

I have been using Better Security Plugin for years now and have recommended it many times to our clients. However, since upgrading to iThemes Security I have experienced issues with what i believe centre around the hide admin feature. This is specific to the new versions as i have never experienced this before on the multiple websites i use this plugin on.

The problem I face is that whenever i activate the plugin my admin pages become blank, meaning i have to deactivate the plugin manually via the FTP and strip out the changes in the htaccess just to regain control.

I've attempted all the ususal problem solving like deactivating all other plugins and reverting back to the twenty twelve theme, but nothing works. The admin just becomes blank again as soon as i reactivate the plugin. Very frustrating.

Can anyone offer any advice/help?

Thank you, Mike

#2 Guest_Peter Grant_*

Guest_Peter Grant_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

I am having the same problem.

I can't fix it but have information that will probably help support:

1. The page dies at the do_action('admin_menu', ''); call on wp-admin/incldues/menu.php

2. Then I figured out a specific script of ours is causing the page blank (when Security is activated) when it calls a DB query with $wpdb.

The crazy thing is that this query should not be called without sending an Ajax request to the server. The only place we activate this is here:

add_action('wp_ajax_bftpro_intelligence', array('BFTIAjax', 'dispatch'));

I think something is messing VERY badly in the WordPress hooks flow.

(Other files also cause the errors after this one is removed, so it's not some easy fix I can apply from here. They should not be messing the flow - other plugin developers rely on the documented loop).

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

Hi,

ONLY if you have purchased the iThemes Security Pro plugin, please post your support request here(using your iThemes username and password): https://ithemeshelp.zendesk.com/home

If you are using the free version, please post on the WordPress.org support forums: http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/better-wp-security

thanks for your cooperation,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Guest_TC_*

Guest_TC_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

Mike -

If you see this, and could offer instructions for regaining control (login and dashboard access), I would grateful.

I tried to deactivate the plugin earlier today and have been locked out ever since.

I've modified .htaccess and tried other approaches, but to no avail.

TC

#5 Guest_Ian Sturdevant_*

Guest_Ian Sturdevant_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

Like the other folks who've posed here I too can't gain access to my dashboard. Like them, I've attempted several efforts at a resolution, including the forum pages with WP. Thing is - y'all wrote the code for this plug in, we entrusted you when we installed it on our website(s). Speaking for myself, receiving the high-hat from you, Ronald when we reach out for help is down right awful.

Support your software, please.
provide instruction for how to resolve the issue that has been created been you and your company changed its name, and the manner in which this plugin works.

Ultimately you need to rely on the goodwill of your customers (paid or unpaid) - we are your customers - you're not engendering goodwill when you lock us out of our dashboards, and then offer zero solutions to resolve the matter. Like it or not, a portion of your job IS customer relations - embrace it.  The WP forums are howling for an official response - give them one - TODAY!

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry but this post was left in moderation for no other reason than that it was posted in a forum that is not moderated frequently. The forum is related to Free Themes.

So in response to:

View PostIan Sturdevant, on 27 May 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Speaking for myself, receiving the high-hat from you, Ronald when we reach out for help is down right awful.

I am just trying to direct everyone to the correct place to post their support requests so that they will receive appropriate support in the most efficient manner. No high-hat or attitude intended at all.

iThemes Security Pro users have an iThemes username and password, and will receive fast priority support through the ticketed support channel I mentioned and linked to. Users of the free version need to post on the wp.org site

I do apologise for having missed your post here though,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users