Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Ithemes Update Broke My Xml-Rpc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_bari_*

Guest_bari_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hi, i have been posting posts for my website using my iPad. recently i update my plugins, a few plugin and then suddenly my website is broken. i suspected it was Better WP Security so i change the plugin folder and then my website start working back. I then reinstall Better WP Security, which was changed to iThemes Security. install was ok but then i notice my XML-RPC is broken because i cannot post anything or login from my iPad. It says my website is not XML-RPC enabled. i am using WP 3.8.1. There is no option to enable it under WP as i read it was enable by default. I checked iThemes Security, i disabled the XML-RPC and re-enable it but still not working. I even disabled iThemes Security plugin. None is working. I tried using phpmyadin and find the particular information in the option table but there is none. please help.

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Hey Bari,

Could you check your iThemes Security directory permissions and let me know what they are? It should be 755 recursively.

For future reference:

If you have purchased the iThemes Security Pro plugin, please post your support request here: https://ithemeshelp.zendesk.com/home

If you are using the free version, please post on the WordPress.org support forums: http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/better-wp-security

Thanks,

Gerroald