Membership Registration Without Purchase?

Wishist membership registration

2 replies to this topic

#1 mwcannon

mwcannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

With WishList Member you can allow someone to purchase using PayPal or another payment service and then route them to a page that will register them for a specific membership. Can this be done in Exchange?

If not, can it be added to the Roadmap? :)

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,419 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Hi mwcannon,

I think I'm a little confused!  :)  Your post title says Membership Registration without Purchase, but from the content of your post it makes it sound like the customer would purchase and then be able to purchase a specific membership product?

In Exchange, the customer registers when they make their purchase or they can register before purchase through the registration page.  If they register when they purchase, they are taken to a confirmation page after they complete the purchase, not to another product page.  And they have to actually purchase the membership, not just register for it.  You can create free memberships, though, if you don't want them to have to pay for it.

Let me know if you have that clears it up or if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 mwcannon

mwcannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

I have a client that wants to use PayGoBank(PGB) as the payment processor. This allows a purchase to be made by a client, the affiliate is paid immediately, then the the remainder of the payment is split between the joint venture partners. PGB in terfaces with PayPal but the process is:

1) click on the buy button
2) route through PGB to PayPal
3) payment made at PayPal
4) routing back to PGB  to make the split
5) PGB then routes the request back to the website

What I *need* to have happen after this is for the buyer to be sent to a page on the website where they can register for a membership product. I understand that Exchange can't do the steps above but if I don't have a way to kluge the process together then I'll have to go back to a different cart.

Did I make it clearer or just obfuscate it more?   ;-)

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users