Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

resolved

Setting Archive Page Products In The Center Of The Page

4 replies to this topic

#1 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

I was looking to fix the issue of adding photos to my products on the archives pages and it worked with this article:
http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_FAQs:_How_Do_I_Show_the_Product_Featured_Image_on_Archive/Category_Pages

However, now, the photos are to the left of the page and I cannot get them to center. Here's an example:
http://myhearthasears.com/product-category/mickey/

Thanks!

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hey kswinehart,

This one is probably a little more complicated than just giving you the CSS.  I could do that, but the CSS would affect the image both on your archive pages and on your store page.

What would be best, would be to add a class to the featured image on your archive page.  So, still using the Twenty Eleven theme as the example like in the codex, I added a div to wrap around the featured image.

<div class="archive-featured-image">
<?php it_exchange( 'product', 'featured-image', array( 'size' => 'thumbnail' ) ); ?>
</div>

So it looks like this overall:

Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 1.36.10 PM.png

You can use a div or span, however you'd like to set that up, just so that you have a class unique to the featured image on your archive page.

Then, for the CSS, you'd add this:

.archive-featured-image {
margin: 0 auto;
width: 150px;
}

I used archive-featured-image for my class name, but you can use whatever you'd like.  

That should do the trick for you though.  Give that a try and then let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... Maybe I have the code in the wrong place in archives? Here is what I have:
<div class="loop-content">
<?php while ( have_posts() ) : // The Loop ?>
<?php the_post(); ?>

<?php it_exchange_set_product( $post->ID ); ?>
                                             <div class="archive-featured-image">
                                             <?php it_exchange( 'product', 'featured-image', array( 'size' => 'thumbnail' ) ); ?> </div>

Then, I just add the css code to the end of the style.css, correct?

#4 kswinehart

kswinehart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

NEVER MIND! It worked. ;) Guess it just took a few minutes to update.
Thanks!

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Happy to have helped, kswinehart!  Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users