Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Ithemes Security: Redminus.png (In File Change Detection) Firing 404 Error! (Solution)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Riccardo Sallusti_*

Guest_Riccardo Sallusti_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

I found an issue in the free version of iThemes Security plugin:

in "File Change Detection", the Plugin is looking for an image (redminus.png) in: /wp-content/plugins/better-wp-security/modules/free/file-change/images/redminus.png

But if a user install Wordpress not in the root but in a subfolder (i.e. wordpress/), the image is not found and a 404 error is fired!

I've found where the issue is:

in the file better-wp-security/core/class-itsec-lib.php

in the function (see the line in bold):

public static function get_module_path( $file, $with_sub = false ) {
$directory = dirname( $file );
$path_info = parse_url( get_bloginfo( 'url' ) );
$path = trailingslashit( '/' . ltrim( str_replace( '\\', '/', str_replace( rtrim( ABSPATH, '\\\/' ), '', $directory ) ), '\\\/' ) );
if ( $with_sub === true && isset( $path_info['path'] ) ) {
$path = $path_info['path'] . $path;
}
return $path;
}

the line in bold should become:
$path_info = parse_url( get_bloginfo( 'wpurl' ) );

in this way the plugins get the correct url to the REAL wordpress folder (this happens when someone installs wp inside a custom folder, like me).

If you please could update the plugin it would be nice :)

Cheers

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hey Riccardo,

Thanks for the information!

I've responded to the thread you're involved in on .org.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-on-your-picture?replies=8#post-5445554

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 bwolf

bwolf

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

I am being locked out even while whitelisting my I.P. address. How do I get back into my own sites after being locked out without removing the plugin. Because I can't  reinstall the plugin without being locked out again and the error I'm being locked out for is not of my creation but of the theme developers.

Forget it. I found the write up on accessing the database and deleting my I.P. there.

Latest update Version 4.0.27: Can't update CSS code, save anything, enter i.p. addresses for white listing, build a product, edit a form. I can't do anything without getting locked out. Checked the log file, which hit 195mb inside of a few seconds, and everything (every plugin and the theme) is being nailed as an Error or 404.

(following day) After a week plus of nonsense on both existing sites and new ones I have opted to remove iThemes plugin due to so many errors and lockouts. Going back to BWPS 3.6.6.

#4 Guest_Dademaru_*

Guest_Dademaru_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Hi,
I've tried to answer here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-on-your-picture?replies=16
but now the topic has been set as “resolved” and “closed”.
Have you fixed the problem?
As I can see last version is 4.1.5.

Thanks,
Regards,
Dademaru

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,369 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

@Dademaru,

please post in the WordPress.org forum: http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/better-wp-security

Thanks for your cooperation,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.