Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

2-Step Checkout Process

2-Step Checkout

1 reply to this topic

#1 cdcolo1

cdcolo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Will Exchange allow me to implement a two-step checkout process.

The first step, I want to ask for Name, email and phone number. I have found that sometimes things go wrong or the person has "buyer's remorse" and do not complete the process so, I like to get this info first and if anything goes wrong, I've got their info to contact them.

Then, the second part of the process is the traditional part where their credit card info is requested and the sale is completed.

Can this be accomplished?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,687 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Hi cdcolo1,

Unless you are using the Guest Checkout add-on, the customer is required to either log in or register before they are able to make their purchase.  Even if they do not complete the purchase, if they register, they are added as a customer on your site.

When registering for the site, however, they are asked for their name and email address, but not their phone number.  And the name is not required information.  The ability to control what is required is not an option at this time, but is something we're looking at adding for the future.  I don't have a timeline for this though.

As for entering the credit card information, that depends on the payment gateway you chose to use.  For instance, if you use one of the PayPal add-ons or the Offline Payments add-on, they won't enter credit card information.  However, if you use Stripe, for instance, they would enter their credit card information.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users