Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Clarifications Required

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Waseem_*

Guest_Waseem_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hi Cory/Chris,

Please clarify the following

1. Little confused about the various Flex themes. I like the layout of Flex
Orange (widgets) and the layout of Flex Sports for colour and style. But I
can only afford to buy one. Is it possible to have Flex sports colour and
feel and position the widgets as per Flex orange

2. How does FlexX compare to Thesis in terms of Page loading time. Iam
having a hard time understanding why Thesis (Such a pain) is favoured
by so many blog owners.

3. Is Flexx as rigid, as stable and suited for Blogs
like Thesis. Somewhere I read that Thesis is suitable for professional
bloggers with large entries.

3. What happens to my custom settings when Install my next upgrade for
Flexx

4. Is Flexx compatible with Wordpress 3.0

5. Is Ad Management plugin available for all Flexx themes (sports, Orange and others)

6. How is builder different from Flexx

7. One of your Video shows 4 subpages. Is it possible to add more subpages (Main Category Page and many sub pages within that category page)

#2 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:18 AM

6. http://ithemes.com/flexx-and-builder-differences/

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,847 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

I'll try a couple as well Posted Image

1. Widgets can be placed "anywhere", perhaps the demo sites are not the same, but that has nothing to do with the visual design, so I suggest your purchase the version that has the most appealing design.

2. Flexx and Thesis are completely different products, and don't compare. Here's a comparison report done a while ago regarding Builder vs. other theme frameworks.

3. Flexx is flexible, rather than rigid (Thesis, from what I understand as well), and has proven a stable theme over the past 2 years.

3. nothing

4. yes

5. Ad manager plugin is a WordPress plugin, and will run, regardless of the theme you use.

6. see earlier post

7. Flexx allows for multiple level navigation, of pages and categories. Not quite sure what exactly you mean, can you give an example (referring to a theme demo site?)

Hope this helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Guest_Waseem_*

Guest_Waseem_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hi Ron/Sridhar,

Thanks for your help. You really are doing a great job withFlexx and Builder Themes.

1. Adding subpages (item 7 above)- I was refering to Flexx theme Menu Builder tutorial.In this tutorial <span style="color: #0000ff">Menu Builder</span> shows Four subpages for <span style="color: #0000ff">Services Page. <span style="color: #000000">So my question is ... "can I add more pages to the services page". Also can I rename the services Page to something else. Say <span style="color: #0000ff">'Sales page'</span> and add <span style="color: #0000ff">10 subpages </span>to this Sales page</span></span>

<span style="color: #0000ff"></span>

<span style="color: #0000ff"><span style="color: #000000">2. Item 5 - I was refering to yournewly introduced <span style="color: #0000ff">Billboard tool, <span style="color: #000000">Is this available on all Flexx Themes. </span></span></span></span>

<span style="color: #0000ff"><span style="color: #000000"><span style="color: #0000ff"><span style="color: #000000"></span></span></span></span>

<span style="color: #0000ff"><span style="color: #000000"><span style="color: #0000ff"><span style="color: #000000">It will be great if I can get these clarified real early, so that I can go ahead and purchase</span></span></span></span>

#5 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

Referring to your above post,

1. Yes.

2. Please wait for Ron or Sarah to reply.

#6 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

2. Yes, Flexx comes with Billboard plugin.

#7 Guest_Waseem_*

Guest_Waseem_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

Thanks! Sridhar, that clarifies everything.