Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Worried About Upgrading Or Purchasing Better Wp Security

security better-wp-security sales

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 dogwonder

dogwonder

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

Hi guys,

First off I have been a customer with Backup Buddy unlimited license for nearly a year now and it's an essential part of my workflow and a great plugin. Another plugin I use is Better WP Security and was on the verge of purchasing an unlimited license for this as well, however reading the reviews on the plugin has quite frankly terrified me: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/better-wp-security it seems the new version actively breaks websites.

Not only am I holding off purchasing this license I am not upgrading the current 3.x version of plugins I have or actively uninstallling it in case it causes any issues with multiple sites I have using the current plugin.

Could you please inform me what the plan is to fix these issues and when this is likely to be, I would like to test a version in a sandboxed environment to ensure nothing breaks before I purchase the full license, but certainly can't consider that until I know that this is a viable option.

Many Thanks
Rich Holman

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hey Rich,

Many, if not all of the issues that we had with the initial launch have been resolved. We've pushed updates almost daily to address them and we've been urging users to actively update. Of course users are going to have issues specific to users WordPess/Server environment. I think it's a great idea and highly recommend to test any new, or redesigned software in a dev environment before putting it on a live site. I also suggest having a current backup of your site just in case. If you download version 4.0.23 from http://wordpress.org/plugins/better-wp-security it's the exact same code base as the Pro version at this time. We are rolling out new features for both versions soon, the Pro version of course having many more robust features, but for the time being the difference is licensing for premium ticketed support. I encourage you to give it a spin in a dev environment and see it works for you.

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 dogwonder

dogwonder

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

Thanks very much Gerroald, I will give it a spin in a dev environment, appreciate the response.