Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Plugins that came with Builder purchase

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Philip Boyle

Philip Boyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:05 AM

On my Member Page after I log into

iThemes, the following plugins zip folders are available and I have downloaded them to my deskop :

Builder Style Manger Plugin
Builder SEO Plugin
Builder BuddyPress Plugin
Billboard
Rotaing Images

Of these, i have only used Rotating Images so far.
From what I can tell, I am only permtted to use Rotating Images on one site with a licence. otherwise it is unlicenced.
1. What does that mean ?

2. What beneits does the licence give me ?

3. Future upgrades of the plugin on any particular site it is installed on ?

4. Does the same policy apply with all the other 4 plugins I've listed above ?

5. What pricing options are there for these plugins ?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

#2 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:10 AM

Requested Sarah to get back to you on this.

#3 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

Hey There -

The license are there because those plugins are also sold independently - just as plugins - and have different license plans. Because they are included in Builder, they are "unlimited" for you because Builder is basically an "unlimited" license too, meaning you can use it on as many sites as you need to.

So to activate those licences on multiple sites, just enter your username and password for a license key each time and it will take care of the rest. http://pluginbuddy.com/get-started/ - Step 5 will demonstrate how to do this.

The licensing is more for the people that purchase the plugin separately, but you still have to go through the licensing process since you're still using the plugin...you just automatically have unlimited uses.

The license is so that you can get updates on the plugin per site. So when it's installed on a site, you'll see a notification when the plugin is licensed that says "There is an update available" (or something similair). Having the plugin licensed to the site allows you to just update that plugin for that site automatically. Very easy.

The other plugins included with Builder (not rotating image or billboard) are not effected by the license key because they are Builder-specfic plugins. They are not purchased separately at this time. So they don't require separate updates or keys.

The pricing options for the other two plugins can be found here: http://pluginbuddy.com/ But you don't have to purchase a license to these plugins because they were already included in your Builder purchase.

Does that make a little more sense now?

#4 Philip Boyle

Philip Boyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hi Sarah

thanks for that

All fine now , following your instructions I have been able to install this plugin to multiple sites now.

Phil