2 replies to this topic

#1 sitebuilder

sitebuilder

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

I'm setting up my first Exchange site and am having trouble with one issue during my testing.

In the Exchange settings, I have selected "Use Exchange Registration Only" rather than WP Registration.

My general WP settings have "anyone can register" as unchecked.

Regardless, new test customers have a WP user created rather than an Exchange "user".

Additionally, from the account registration page:

http://sellmypuppies.com/account/registration/

A user can be created by anyone, but again, it is a WP user and not an Exchange user.

Can you please help me understand why this is happening?

Darrel Hawes

Attached Thumbnails

• 2014-04-26_115002.jpg
  • 2014-04-26_115038.jpg

#2 sitebuilder

sitebuilder

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

OK - it seems I may have had a misunderstanding. I assumed that if you use the Exchange user registration, the Exchange users would not show in the Wordpress users database.

I watched this webinar:

http://webdesign.com/library/tools-of-the-trade-exchange

And at about the 45 minute mark, Benjamin seems perplexed for the same reason I do.

What now appears to be the case is this: Exchange registrations appear in the list of Wordpress users, and there's no way to distinguish the two apart.

To me, that seems a little counter intuitive, but I guess I can work with it.

I thought that Exchange users were kept in an entirely different database. If not, maybe it would make more sense if a new user role could be created; i.e. customer?

Am I missing something? Just want to make sure I understand what I'm seeing before plowing too far ahead...

#3 lewayotte

lewayotte

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: Administrators
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

Hi Sitebuilder,

Yeah, iThemes Exchange is using the WordPress user table, as that is generally the best practice. We didn't create a new role for Exchange customers either because of potential conflicts between existing site users with greater permissions (like an author or contributor) and that of a new customer. However, every WordPress user who purchases something through Exchange would have some user meta information that might help distinguish them between a normal user and a customer. We don't have anything in place to signify one or the other though.

I hope that helps.

Lew

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users