Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Ithemes Security Pro Feature Request

Security feature request

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cornershop

cornershop

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

We loved Better WP Security and we love the new interface of functionality of iThemes Security Pro even more. Glad we bought it for ourselves and all our clients.

I have a feature request, though: Would it be possible to add an option to look for and hide from web access hidden version control folders? We deploy our client sites using git and so there's always a .git folder in the root of the WordPress install. We have a few lines in our standard .htaccess to hide the contents of that folder from prying eyes, but I think it'd be great if the Security plugin could check for .git, .svn, etc folders and offer to hide them so that we didn't have to worry about maintaining the .htaccess manually.

Thanks!

#2 Chris Wiegman

Chris Wiegman

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Administrators
  • Others: Toolkit
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

Hello,

I've debated the feature myself but have decided against it for now as some people use deployment solutions that (for right or wrong) use those folders and I am not sure it wouldn't create more problems than it would solve. That said, I do recommend GIT deployment solutions like http://deployhq.com which will handle those excludes (or any others you might need) for you automatically.Th

That said, we might be willing to reinvestigate this in the future depending on demand. If you would like to see and contribute to the roadmap you may do so at https://trello.com/b/OG8BFXFY/ithemes-security-ithemes-security-pro-roadmap

Cheers,
Chris

iThemes Security Developer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Security, feature request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users