information

Membership Hooks, Paypal Migration

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Adam_*

Guest_Adam_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hi there! I am in the process of researching membership plugins (in hopes of getting away from aMember, which I currently use) and have a couple questions regarding the Memberships add-on for Exchange:

1. Is there an action hook for when a user gain or loses access to a membership? I am hoping to fire some custom code every time a user's membership changes, like would be possible with the function updated_user_meta.

2. Is there any way to migrate previous PayPal Standard recurring billing subscriptions over to Exchange Memberships? What about other payment options like PayPal Express or Stripe; could they be migrated over?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your interest in Exchange and the Membership add-on.

Yes, there are hooks that would allow you to do something like that.  The best would probably be it_exchange_update_transaction_subscription_status.  It passes these three variables -  $transaction, $subscriber_id, $status (in that order).  So you'd be able to check for $status and be able to do whatever you need.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to migrate in previous recurring subscriptions, in PayPal or Stripe.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise