Exchange Plugin Conflict With Advanced Custom Fields (Acf)

acf plugin conflict

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_alex vasquez_*

Guest_alex vasquez_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

Hi there,
I've installed ithemes exchange and I'm seeing an issue with ACF fields. I've got a set of metaboxes setup that apply to exchange products. Clicking on the tab for any acf field groups causes a spinning circle and nothing happens. Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay4zwlnf3aw63ix/Screenshot%202014-04-30%2002.18.30.png

I'm running the latest stable versions of exchange and ACF. Has this been reported before? How might I work through this?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,535 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Hi Alex,

I haven't had this reported before and I don't know of any workarounds.

I can report this to the developers, but ACF isn't an iThemes plugin.  While we do our best to make Exchange compatible, we can't guarantee compatibility with every plugin.  So I'll let them know about this one, but I don't have a timeline for if/when this would be available.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 yannibmbr

yannibmbr

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

Hello Elise,
I was able to resolve this.

The issue appears to be that an Exchagne product pulls in ALL ACF Field groups. The spinner will appear when you click on a Field Group that isn't specifically assigned to the Current Exchange Product you're reviewing. However, if you do assign the ACF group to the Exchange product, the normal metaboxes DO show up. My expectation here is that only ACF field groups assigned to an Exchange Product would show up. All other field groups wouldn't show at all.

I hope that helps out some.

#4 Guest_jackfungi_*

Guest_jackfungi_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

I'm experiencing the same issue.
Alex, could you elaborate on your fix? I'm a little confused.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users