Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

resolved

Exchange Product Categories Pages Show Wrong Navigation Links

navigation product-categories

11 replies to this topic

#1 ciaoweb

ciaoweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationSwansea (U.K.)

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

Hello,

I am having an issue with Exchange Product Categories pages in a Builder theme.

If you see the home page:

http://ariwadubstore.com

I get the proper navigation bar that I have setup using WordPress custom menus.

When I click on any of the product categories pages I get instead a WRONG navigation bar that is even not existing on back-end menu section.

It look like these links are pulled out from a manual menu I have built for the top right navigation.

This screenshot can give you the idea:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s32/sh/c4708fce-55d8-4992-ad3f-52bfbc387fc0/85dfc48e19bce01a6ce2e55464eb2bf7

To jump to another topic:

Is there any news on any bulk export - import facility from ordinary WordPress posts to exchange?

Many Thanks

Regards

Roberto

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

Hi Roberto,

This is actually a known bug:  http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/58539-page-layout-bug/  The developers are aware of the issue, but I don't have a timeline for when this will be fixed.

Unfortunately, I don't have a timeline for the import/export option either.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 ciaoweb

ciaoweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationSwansea (U.K.)

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Hello Elise,

Yes I have additional questions.

Found another bug with product categories.

If I assign a category to a product in the back-end you can see it has been assigned but in the front page the archive page is empty.

Just Click on T-Shirts on this page and you'll see:

http://ariwadubstore.com/

Hope this and the menu issues will be fixed soon.

Thanks

Regards
Roberto

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hi Roberto,

I can't replicate this issue.  If I assign a category to a product, it shows on that archive page.

Can you try testing for a conflict?  So you'd deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and any Exchange add-ons, then see if it works properly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, testing Exchange each time to see which plugin is creating the conflict.  You can also test for a theme conflict by temporarily activating one of the WordPress default themes like Twenty Fourteen.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 ckib16

ckib16

• Members
  • Others: Builder, Premium Exchange Addon
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

+1 to this issue. I have the exact same problem with product categories links.

Chris

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

Hi Chris,

Which issue are you referring to?  The issue with the menu?  Or with the actual category link?  

The issue with the menu is a known issue and as soon as an update is available, we'll let you know.

If you are referring to the category link, please provide us with the URL to your site.  And have you tried testing for a conflict as I outlined for Roberto?

Thanks,

Elise

#7 Guest_Roberto Ciccolella_*

Guest_Roberto Ciccolella_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi Elise,

I am referring to the category post types not showing in the archive page, well, it was the Views plugin that for some reason was conflicting with Exchange.

I will report to the Views developers this issue since I also use a lot the Views plugin.

Please let me know the good news that the Menu issue will be fixed soon I think that issue is very bad since clients require category pages listings.

Thanks

Regards
Roberto

#8 ciaoweb

ciaoweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationSwansea (U.K.)

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

Hi Elise,

Just to confirm that the product category archives pages work fine now.
I have discovered that it was the Views plugin that was interfering with Exchange.
I really need the menu issue fixed as soon as possible since I can't publish a website with that bug.

Please chase the developer to be fast, thanks.

Regards
Roberto

#9 ckib16

ckib16

• Members
  • Others: Builder, Premium Exchange Addon
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostElise Alley, on 13 May 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Hi Chris,

Which issue are you referring to?  The issue with the menu?  Or with the actual category link?  

The issue with the menu is a known issue and as soon as an update is available, we'll let you know.

If you are referring to the category link, please provide us with the URL to your site.  And have you tried testing for a conflict as I outlined for Roberto?

Thanks,

Elise

Hey Elise, sorry should have been more precise. I have the menu issue, not the category link. I saw that you have raised it with the developers. I'll stand by for future info. Thanks,

Chris

#10 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

Hi Roberto & Chris,

Exchange version 1.8.1 was released today and should correct the menu issue.

Try updating and let us know how it goes.  

Thanks,

Elise

#11 ciaoweb

ciaoweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationSwansea (U.K.)

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

The update fixed the issue.

Thanks Elise.

Regards

#12 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

Glad to hear it, Roberto.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved, navigation, product-categories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users