Exchange - Membership Add-On Technical Queries

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Bakshu Shaik_*

Guest_Bakshu Shaik_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

Hi Team,

I am looking at your Exchange Membership Add-On to build my membership site and I have following technical queries. Could you please look at them and reply?
  • Can we restrict/limit IP addresses used by a member for logging in? We are looking to implement 1 IP address per account policy or something similar.
  • Can we create Custom Error Pages based on membership level? For example, when a person tries to access content they don’t have permission to view, they should be taken to a custom error page.
  • Can we control membership subscription length? For example, ability to set up members with automatic expiry dates like 3 months, 6 months.
  • Can we display a custom protected message for a protected/dripped content in a page/post like [Content protected for Gold Level Members only]?
  • Can we apply membership permissions in bulk like to all posts or pages?
I have tried but couldn't find much details regarding above queries on your site/support center.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Bakshu

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,518 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hi Bakshu,

Thanks for your interest in Exchange and the Membership add-on.  Hopefully I can answer all of your questions.
  • There isn't an option to restrict access based on IP address.
  • When a customer views content they don't have access to, there isn't an error page, just the restricted content message.
  • This isn't an option in Recurring Payments at this time.  It has been added as a feature request which you can vote for on the Exchange Roadmap, but I don't have a timeline for if/when this will added.
  • There isn't a way to create a custom restricted content message based on membership level.  You can, however, use the excerpt option and create a custom excerpt with a message stating what membership level is required.
  • This isn't an option at this time, but I do think it's a great idea and have added it to the Roadmap.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users