Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Ithemes Security Pro Installation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mark McGuinness_*

Guest_Mark McGuinness_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:48 AM

Hi, I am considering purchasing ithemes security pro developer for a number of my own and my customers sites. I am going to have a go with the free version first to become familiar with it but wanted to ask a quick question. Due to the nature of what the plugin does and affects, in order to get optimal performance, what is the best stage to install the plugin. i.e. on a vanilla install or can you install it after you have added pages and even content without any detriment. So basically, would you recommend installing it before you do anything else or install other plugins. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

#2 Chris Wiegman

Chris Wiegman

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Administrators
  • Others: Toolkit
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

I recommend turning as much on as early as possible (before any content) as some of the advanced options, namely renaming wp-content, won't work later. That said, the plugin takes somewhat of a kitchen sink approach to securing the WordPress application and you'll learn rather quickly if you find conflicts with other functionality as you build out and can turn off the feature in question at that time (one man's feature can be one hacker's attack vector).

iThemes Security Developer

#3 Guest_Mark McGuinness_*

Guest_Mark McGuinness_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

Thanks Chris

I thought it was best to install at the off.

I am building a test site locally and plan to add a few empty pages and then activate the plugin and then build the site from there, adding as i go.

I will likely only use a few other plugins such as an SEO, cache, custom login admin, slider, gallery and on a couple of sites, memberships plugin (probably Paid Member Pro) and finally an LMS (Learndash).

I'll no doubt find out any conflicts as I go along (if there are any), but just wondered if you think the above should be ok and if there are any plugins you would specifically steer clear of because of known conflicts.

Thanks and keep up the great work

Mark McGuinness