Backupbuddy Compatability W/network Solutions Shared Hosting

hosting compatability backupbuddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_iNETinitiatives_*

Guest_iNETinitiatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

I've checked out your compatible hosts list and have had trouble getting my host (Network Solutions/Web.com) to clarify why Backup Buddy will do a basic manual back-up but won't work for backup scheduling or restoring.

I've got approximately 15 sites hosted with them so would love to be able to use BackupBuddy. Any help from your tech people in getting an answer or cooperation from Network Solutions/Web.com?

Thanks very much.

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

Hi iNETinitiatives,

If you've already got BackupBuddy then can you log into your ithemes username/password and post instead in BackupBuddy's support forum?

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 inetinitiatives

inetinitiatives

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

A bit of time has passed since I originally posted... however, I can't follow your recommendation above without renewing my BackupBuddy license for $100.  Seeing as I've never been able to use Backup Buddy with my host after my initial purchase, I'm having a little trouble justifying another $100 just to be able to post to the forum to possibly find out that I still can't use the plug-in with Network Solutions!

Any additional insight here?  I'm really not interested in switching now 17 sites to another unfamiliar host just be able to use my initial investment (plus another $100 for a new round of support) without some idea of how or why a big name like Network Solutions doesn't seem to 'support' another big name like Backup Buddy.

#4 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

Hi Inetinitiatives,

The status log you get when trying to create a backup may have an error in it you could look up in the codex or search around for.
http://ithemes.com/codex/page/BackupBuddy:_Frequent_Support_Issues
http://ithemes.com/codex/page/BackupBuddy:_Error_Codes

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX