information

Exchange - Migrate Current Membership To Exchange

Exchange

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Doug_*

Guest_Doug_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

Hello,

I am currently using another membership plug-in and am thinking about moving to Exchange.  I need to migrate about 800 members over to Exchange and their memberships are all for a year with various start dates throughout the year.  So, I will need to provide 1, 2, 3, etc. months free to start then start billing again, perhaps monthly.  Do you have a method to do this?  Gift X months, or anything?

Thanks,
Doug

#2 Guest_Doug_*

Guest_Doug_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostDoug, on 28 May 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

Hello,

I am currently using another membership plug-in and am thinking about moving to Exchange.  I need to migrate about 800 members over to Exchange and their memberships are all for a year with various start dates throughout the year.  So, I will need to provide 1, 2, 3, etc. months free to start then start billing again, perhaps monthly.  Do you have a method to do this?  Gift X months, or anything?

Thanks,
Doug

Was this really resolved without a response or do I not understand where to look for an answer?

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

Hi Doug,

I apologize that this thread was missed.  I don't see that it's marked as resolved though.  

There isn't an option in Exchange at this time.  However, Exchange uses the WordPress user for customers.  So, if your current ecommerce plugin uses that as well, you should be all fine.  Or you can import your users directly into WordPress.  You can use the Manual Purchases add-on to add a product to a customer, but there isn't a way to designate when they will start being billed.  

Again, I apologize that your thread was missed initially.  Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#4 Guest_Doug_*

Guest_Doug_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

Thank you much!