Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

in progress

Change Buy Now Button Text

5 replies to this topic

#1 tyler_j

tyler_j

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

Sorry if I missed this in on another post but I woudl like to use exchange to take donations only, however I'm having a heck of a time finding any tutorials on this. I have most of it setup and working but there are a few things I'm stuggling with.
  • I would like to rename the button "buy now" to add donation, or someting like that. I can't find it in any of the templates files so I must be looking in the wrong place.
  • Also the "filed under" at the bottom of the product page, i would like to hide that as well, most likely a CSS thing.
  • Lastly is there any way the buy now button, hopefully renamed soon, could go right to checkout rather than adding the total?

Thanks for any help.
Ty

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Hi Ty,

Try adding the following code to the bottom of your child theme's functions.php file before the closing ?> (if there is one):

function my_translated_text_strings( $translated_text, $untranslated_text, $domain ) {
$translated_text = $untranslated_text;
if ( 'LION' === $domain || 'it-l10n-ithemes-exchange' === $domain ) {
switch ( $untranslated_text ) {
case 'Buy Now' :
$translated_text = 'Donate Now';
break;
}
}
return $translated_text;
}
add_filter( 'gettext', 'my_translated_text_strings', 10, 3 );
add_filter( 'ngettext', 'my_translated_text_strings', 10, 3 );

That should take care of your Buy Now button.

The "filed under" is not coming from Exchange.  I've had one other person have that showing up and we figured out that it was coming from their theme.  If you post your site's URL I can take a look and help you with the CSS, but that's not coming from Exchange.

Do you mean can the Buy Now button go straight to the cart page?  If so, no, that's not an option in Exchange.  If that's not what you meant, just let me know.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise

#3 tyler_j

tyler_j

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Your an ACE! Thanks all that worked. One more question, some donations are designated. they would like a comment box that would be included with the order/donation. Is that possible.
Thanks!

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hi Ty,

There isn't a comment option/custom field option in Exchange at this time.

If you have Gravity Forms, however, an avid Exchange user has created a plugin to integrate the two that you might try out:  http://wordpress.org/plugins/gravity-forms-checkout-info-add-on-for-ithemes-exchange/

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Elise

#5 pringletech

pringletech

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Sync
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

Your code worked for me to change the "BUY NOW" text.  Can I change the button text conditionally depending on product or even better product type.  For example, if it is a membership display "JOIN NOW", if it is a physical product then display "BUY NOW".

And if there is an area in your documentation I can find this then please point that out to me as well so that I can learn more.  Just getting me feet wet with exhange and membersips.  

Thank you,
Scott

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,130 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hi Scott,

please (next time) open a new topic with your question. In the Codex, there is a list of api's for exchange: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Category:Exchange/Functions  On that page, you can find this function: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange/it_exchange_get_product_type

For usage and additional information, I suggest you locate that function in the Exchange plugin files, or in the Membership plugin, to see how it is used, and what values it expects/returns.

On another note, and considering the topic of this thread, to change the button text, and when using a custom template, check this: https://ithemes.com/forum/topic/48449-shortcode-for-exchange/page__st__20#entry277186

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users