Ray @sixfourweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

After updating Exchange, I got the following error messages:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home1/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ithemes-exchange/api/cart.php on line 358

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ithemes-exchange/api/cart.php:358) in /home1/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ithemes-exchange/lib/sessions/db_session_manager/class-db-session.php on line 129

If I rename the ithemes-exchange folder, the site comes up.  I tried installing a new copy of exchange from the WordPress repo, but the same error occurred and brought down the site.  The contents of the cart.php file are below.  Line 358 contains the following text : $current_session_id   = explode( '||', $current_session_string, 2 )[0];

This site is in production and is a fundraising site. Any quick help would be greatly appreciated

*** edited by moderator, removed huge chunk of code ***

<?php
/**
* This file contains functions intended for theme developers to interact with the active shopping cart plugin
* The active shopping cart plugin should add the needed hooks below within its codebase.
* @since 0.3.7
* @package IT_Exchange
*/
/**
* Returns an array of all data in the cart
* @since 0.3.7
* @return array
*/
function it_exchange_get_cart_data( $key = false ) {
$data = it_exchange_get_session_data( $key );
return apply_filters( 'it_exchange_get_cart_data', $data );
}

[...]

return apply_filters( 'it_exchange_get_cart_billing_address', $cart_billing );
}

SixFour Web Design creates effective WordPress websites for small businesses as well as non-profit organizations.

#2 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Exchange - Stripe, Toolkit
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWake Forest, NC

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hi Ray,
I'm sorry for the mistake! We've pushed 1.9.1. This should fix your problem.

Glenn

#3 Ray @sixfourweb

Ray @sixfourweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Glen,

Thanks for the quick turnaround. Seems to be working just fine. Will the codex (http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_Template_Updates) be updated to reflect the recent changes?
SixFour Web Design creates effective WordPress websites for small businesses as well as non-profit organizations.

#4 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Exchange - Stripe, Toolkit
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWake Forest, NC

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

No template files were changed. The problem was in one of our API methods for the cart. I was using some syntax that PHP 5.3 didn't like. I just changed the syntax.

#5 Ray @sixfourweb

Ray @sixfourweb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Thank you for the clarification.  Have a great weekend. Happy Father's Day.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved, php error, exchange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users