Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

not an error

Stripe Publishable Api Key Is Not Correct

stripe publishable key

7 replies to this topic

#1 cannabisconnectsglobal

cannabisconnectsglobal

• Members
  • Others: Premium Exchange Addon
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hi,

I have a test product here (not very pretty at the moment.)

I'me testing and very time I enter a test credit card number it throws the error "Stripe Publishable Key is not Correct". I've changed the key, double checked everything and it still throws the same error.

I note on a previous thread updating the Stripe Add on solved the problem. However in my case everythign is up to date including WP and the theme.

I'm pulling my hair out on this one - and I didn't have much to start with!

Please help before I go completely bald :-)

All the best

Steve

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hi Steve,

Would you mind sending me admin log in credentials?  That way I can take a look at the set up.  You can email them to me at elise@ithemes.com or PM them to me here on the forum.  Just be sure to include a link to this thread so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

Hey Steve,

It looks like you just had a blank space at the end of each of your api keys.  I removed that and it seems to be working correctly now.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#4 cannabisconnectsglobal

cannabisconnectsglobal

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hi Elise,

I guess there was also a blank space between my ears!

Many thanks for your prompt attention.

All the best

Steve

#5 grahamjonesuk

grahamjonesuk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

I am having the same problem - yet there are NO blank spaces.

What is happening is that the Stripe add on is removing underscores and replacing them with blank spaces

Why?

Don't you test your products in advance?

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

Hi grahamjonesuk,

The issue that Steve was having was that when he copied and pasted his API keys in, he was leaving a blank space at the end.  It was not removing the underscore and replacing it with a space.  We have not had anyone else report this issue that you are having nor have we encountered it during our testing which we do extensively before releasing.  

Please try testing for a plugin conflict.  To do so, you'd deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and the Stripe add-on and then see if it works properly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, testing Exchange each time to see which plugin is creating the conflict.

Let us know how it goes.  

Thanks,

Elise

#7 currentjobs

currentjobs

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

I see this same problem.  I don't know if the underscores are just not visible or what.

#8 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Hi currentjobs,

Can you please create a new post for this issue?  It's not the same as the original post and this thread is already marked as resolved.

When you create your new post, please be sure to include your URL and any additional details you may have.  For instance, did you try testing for a plugin conflict as recommended previously?

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange Add-on - Stripe forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: not an error, stripe, publishable key

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users