#1 Intelliweb

Intelliweb

• Members
  • Others: Builder
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Site: shubeez.com

Admins need to quickly access shipping info when an order is placed so staff can ship the order.  

Since there is no shortcode option to add shipping info to the admin email notification, my workaround was going to be a direct link to the "Payment Details" screen in WP admin for that order, however that's proven to be a pain.  

A direct link is desirable over logging into WP admin and clicking through the menu and then finding the corresponding order on the Payments screen.  Too many clicks and hunting...it should be an easy click the link, login if necessary, and you're there.

The receipt_link is not ideal since it requires a login and doesn't redirect back to the http://example.com/confirmation/random-string URL.  Given this behavior, I'm confused as to how the receipt_link would be helpful even for the customer receipt email on sites that allow guest checkout - the guest checkout customer has no login so would they could not access the receipt.

I tried to build my own link via HTML in the admin email using the receipt_id, something like:
http://example.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=[it_exchange_email show=receipt_id]&action=edit
But since it adds the "#" in front of the ID number, that doesn't work either - results in broken link.  
Why does the receipt_id include the "#"?  Seems like it should just be the order number itself with no #.

Any ideas on how to make this work or alternative approaches?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,190 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hi intelliweb,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to do some testing with this for alternatives and I'll let you know when I have more information.  

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Intelliweb

Intelliweb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for looking into this Elise!  Any ideas for alternatives?  

For my client the ideal solution is to include the shipping info right in the email notification (they are accustomed to that from their previous ecommerce setup), but since that's not currently an option with Exchange I'm looking for a workaround.  I see a shipping address shortcode is a feature request so hoping that gets added very soon!

Is there a filter to modify the admin notification that Exchange sends?  I didn't see anything when searching the codex, but if there is that could work for me.

#4 Intelliweb

Intelliweb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

Any update?

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,190 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Hi intelliweb,

I apologize, but I don't have an update for this issue.   I've reported the receipt link issue to the developers and I'll let you know when there's an update.  

I don't know of a hook/filter that will help with this, but I'll double check with one of the developers and see if they have a better answer.

I'll update this thread again tomorrow.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users