information

Ithemes Security, Speed Issues, Free Vs Pro

security speed performance free vs pro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Serge_*

Guest_Serge_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:54 AM

I have a two-part question

My site has had speed issues and my hosting company said that a plugin is likely an issue.

I tried disabling one plugin at a time, and the only one to make a difference has been IThemes security. Also when running GTMetrix speed tests on the site, score drops 8-10 points with Ithemes security plugin on.
Is there anything one can do to improve performance and still maintain security? Is there any specific feature/setting that leads to more slowdowns?

second part of the question is this

If I were to upgrade to Pro version would it give me more speed?
And is there a comparison chart of some kind between the free and Pro version of Ithemes Security plugin?

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hey Serge,

I don't have any experience with this speed service. I can say we run thorough testing and haven't had this issue, or reports of it. Of course the speed greatly depends on your WordPress/server environment. If it is slowing you down I'd suggest turning the features on one at a time while checking to see what affecting you site. It's worth noting that all features are not ideal for every environment, the idea is to enable as many as you can.

The Pro version will not give you more speed. The idea of Pro isn't a better code base, the benefits are more features and support.

For further support:

If you have purchased the iThemes Security Pro plugin, please post your support request here: https://ithemeshelp.zendesk.com/home

If you are using the free version, please post on the WordPress.org support forums: http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/better-wp-security

Thanks for understanding,

Gerroald

#3 Guest_Serge_*

Guest_Serge_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

out of curiosity, have you run GTMetrix on your site with ithemes security turned on and off and compare results?