Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Installation As Toolkit Member - General Setup Questions And Other Shipping Options

nonprofit propack shipping license for propack

3 replies to this topic

#1 ctabor1

ctabor1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationDunedin, FL - Tampa Bay area

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

I see I am being offered Pro Pack, but I am a toolkit member.  
How/where do I enter my license ... or will it ask for it if I try to install something that is not free?  Based on the items below, I may not need Pro Pack...?

Physical product set up:
  • We are a bike club, and want to offfer our inventory of bike jerseys, shorts, bibs, etc., to clear supplies out.
    • We would prefer that our products are only sold to club members but it is not critical, if it is tricky to set up
    • However, is there a way I could send out a generic typ password to club members to use at time of purchase?
    • I don't mind public seeing the store... but would prefer to sell only to club members...  we need to make it easy, however, and not a "membership site"... are there options?
  • We plan to use PayPal  --  the basic/standard one...
    • We are also "ok" with collecting payment offline at the ride when they take delivery, but not sure if we want to bother with that, or how to track inventory, etc.
    • We do not want to collect sales tax. (non profit club) -- do I need to supply tax id?
  • Shipping:  usually people will take delivery at a bike ride. So essentially it is free delivery... but occasionally someone wants it shipped to them...

• How do we offer flat rate shipping, but only as an option?  (otherwise, free, but they have to pick up from a ride)

Can I develop this in the background so no one can see it until we are ready?  And can I "share" previews of product pages without publishing?

Thanks.. this is my first venture into Exchange, more or less. I looked through the videos and codex, but couldn't find the answers to match my questions above.
If I missed the right videos, please let me know.

Christine
Christine Tabor - FLPedaler
ctabor@cltventures.com

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

Hi Christine,

If you have the Toolkit, you already have access to all the Exchange add-ons, except for the third-party add-ons which are not included in the Pro Pack either.  You wouldn't need to purchase the Pro Pack.  You'd license the Exchange add-ons just like you would any other iThemes plugin.  You won't license Exchange itself, though.

There isn't an option at this time to limit products to members.  This is a feature request on the Exchange Roadmap, but I don't have a timeline for if/when it will be added.  

There isn't a way in Exchange to send out a mass email with a generic password.  You could use something like MailChimp to send out an email like that, but, unless you go in and change it for every member, the password would only be good on one member.  Which means you couldn't really track purchases or really know who bought what.

You do not need to enter a tax ID number.

In the settings for the Simple Shipping add-on, you can set the labels for both the free and flat rate shipping options.  So you can make the label for the free one something like, "I'll pick it up at the ride."  And the label for the flat rate something like, "Ship it to me."

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking - there isn't an option to "hide" Exchange, but you, obviously, don't have to share any pages or products with anyone until you're ready to do so.  And you can send preview links to people, but they would need to be signed in as an admin to see it.

Hopefully I've answered all of your questions, but I'd be happy to help if you have anymore!  

Thanks,

Elise

#3 ctabor1

ctabor1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationDunedin, FL - Tampa Bay area

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Thanks, Elise... understand... where do I change the verbiage for those shipping options?  Is it in the settings somewhere?
Christine Tabor - FLPedaler
ctabor@cltventures.com

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi Christine,

If you go into Exchange > Add-ons, you can click the gear symbol to the right of the Simple Shipping add-on.  Or you can go directly into Exchange > Settings and then go to the Shipping tab.  Both options take you to the same place.  To change the labels, click the Simple Shipping link at the top of the page.

Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 10.30.44 AM.png

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nonprofit, propack, shipping, license for propack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users