Firefox compatibility Issue with Tabber-Widget?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Bevington

Kevin Bevington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

I Have the Tabber-Widget installed in Builder site (WP3.0, Multisite).

The problem is in the wrapping of tabs in the tabber widget, all works well in Internet Explorer 8.0, but not in Firefox 3.6.8. In Firefox in the normal display, the first tab on the second row is pushed to the right of the initial one selected, when you click on a tab, itcontinues to push those on the next level to the right of the one selected on the 1st row, and if you select one on the second row, it pushes the rest to a 3rd row, and again to the right of the one selected. Like I said, in IE 8.0 it works as you would expect it to.This is real ironic to me, because I am used to seeing any compatibilityissueswith IE and not Firefox. I am assuming that since it was developed with a 10 tablimit, the wrapping of the tabs is expected.

The site is <a  href="http://www.thehomewatchguy.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.thehomewatchguy.com</a>

Thx

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Bevington, 29 July 2010 - 06:40 PM.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,367 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

Hi Kevin,

it appears to be a css issue, and indeed, amazing that something works in IE but not in Firefox.

Can I ask you for some assistance, so that we can pinpoint the issue:

Can you edit the stylesheet, located in plugins/tabber-widget/templates/basic-dark.css and remove the line indicated:

.tabber-widget-basic-dark ul.tabber-widget-tabs a.selected,
.tabber-widget-basic-dark ul.tabber-widget-tabs a.selected:hover {
 margin-bottom: 0;
 color: snow;
 background: #111;
 border-bottom: 1px solid #111; <=== remove this line
 cursor: default;
}

let us know,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Kevin Bevington

Kevin Bevington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

Yes that did it..

Kevin

#4 Kevin Bevington

Kevin Bevington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

I see this was set to resolved... I guess technically, this did resolve my issue. But, IMHO this is a bug, and needs to be addressed.

Thx

Kevin

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,367 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hi Kevin,

Your previous message probably triggered someone to set it to resolved. This has now been escalated as a bug, and the developers will fix this, and it will be resolved in the next release of the plugin.

Thank you so much for cooperating and "testing" this for us, and providing the feedback!

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 Guest_Blogging Park_*

Guest_Blogging Park_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:18 AM

My tabber tabs widget are doing problem in firefox,google chrome too.In Firefox it was fine but since yesterday it showing only first tab,when to click on other tab its not showing anything.Again if my first tab sponsores site are not available then it doesn't show the second tab or any othet tab.

In Chrome,its not showing like multi tab as it should be.Its are coming one tab below other tab.Thus it takes all the space of sidebar,not working as multi tab widget.Please help me.