Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

My Requirement

protect part of content

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_laksh_*

Guest_laksh_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:08 AM

Im going start a membership site related to graphic designing tutorials. And I need to implement a paid members section to give all access to the project files yet free members can only read the tutorial but no access to the project files downloads. (download link has to be shown in the post (part of the post))  Here is my requirements and the points I need to be get cleared.

1.    Free and non-members can only

a.    Read posts (not allowed to download project files)

b.   subscribing for site updates

c.    do comments

d.   Requests and contacting etc.

2.    Paid members can

a.    All free members activities

b.   Plus access to download links to the project files  with in the post (download section has to be visible to both  free and paid members. But when click on the download link it has to check if the user is paid member or free/non-member then redirect user to give the access the download link (if paid member already logged in) or membership sales page (register form or login form both if user is registered free user or non-registered user)). Does it support some tags with in the post to protect part of the post. (protected tags)

3.    What about fraud prevention? Like multiple users use the same account by sharing logins with each other. How to prevent that? And other hackable things ….
4.    Is there a secure form to complete the payment by entering the payment details when customer is going to do the payment/subscription?
5.    What are the fully supported payment options? Let me know the full list of options.
6.    Is this process fully automated (monthly basis subscription) ? do all payment options support automation ?
7.    When payment is overdue (because of card declined , no fund or similar situations) does the paid account get automatically downgraded to the free one and remind the user to do the payment?
Let me know your plugin fulfills those needs.

Thank you

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

Hi Iaksh,

Thanks for your interest in Exchange and the Membership add-on.

1.  & 2.  - The Membership add-on allows you to restrict specific content (posts & pages) to specific membership products.  Customers who do have not purchased that particular product would not have access to that content.  There is also a shortcode which allows you to limit specific content within a post or page so that it can only be seen by members.

You can add files to membership products and the links for those files would show on their account page after they purchase the membership.  However, if you post the link to the file where all users (members and non-members), it will not keep non-members from downloading the file.  

3.  This isn't an option in Exchange at this time.  It has been added as a feature request which you can vote for on the Exchange Roadmap.  I don't have a timeline, though, for if/when it will be added.

4.  An SSL Certificate is not required for any of the payment gateways to function.  It is always highly recommended, however, when taking payments online.

5.  We currently have add-ons for PayPal Standard Basic and PayPal Standard Secure which are included in Exchange.  We also have add-ons for Stripe (which is a free add-on), CyberSource, 2Checkout, PayPal Pro and Authorize.net.  

6.  With the Recurring Payments add-on, you can create Monthly and Yearly recurring payments.  You can set these to recur automatically.  Recurring Payments works with PayPal Standard Basic, PayPal Standard Secure and Stripe.

7.  If a payment is declined for any reason, the customer should no longer have access to the content that is restricted to the membership they purchased.  Whether or not an email is sent to the customer is up to the payment gateway used.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise