Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Adding The Order # To The Purchases Page

order number purchases

8 replies to this topic

#1 edsilva7

edsilva7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

I'd like to know if is possible to have the order # showing up on the purchases page. The idea is that when someone buys concessions or tickets from our movie theater's website, their order # shows right on our website's purchases page http://www.venturecinema.net/account/purchases/ so that our staff can easily enter the order # on our system for tracking purposes.

The idea is to expedite this process avoiding having the client or our staff members to go in and get the order # from the purchase receipt sent by email.

Thanks,
Eduardo Silva
Web Designer, Newspaper writer & Entrepreneur
www.EduardoSilva.biz

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

Hi Eduardo,

Just to make sure I understand what you're needing - you say your staff will be viewing the purchases page.  The purchases page (yoururl.com/account/purchases) is specific to the customer who is logged in so that they can see just their purchases.  It doesn't show all the purchases made on your site.

They would have to be logged into the site as an admin, but you can find that in the site's dashboard, Exchange > Payments.  All the transactions are listed there with their order numbers.  

Let me know whether or not that's what you're needing.  

Thanks,

Elise

#3 edsilva7

edsilva7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Thanks Elise, what I meant to say was that when a client buys something from their smartphone at the theater while waiting in line, they can show our staff members their order # directly from their purchase summary at http://www.venturecinema.net/account/purchases/ instead of needing to go to their email address and look for the email notification, and I'd like to know if is possible for me to add the neccesary code to make this possible, or even better, to make this availabe in a future version of iThemes Exchange.

Thanks
Eduardo Silva
www.EduardoSilva.biz

#4 edsilva7

edsilva7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Elise, I still need help on this topic; I'd like to see if is there any way to manually add the necessary code to show the order # directly on the purchase summary at http://www.venturecinema.net/account/purchases/

The idea behind it, is that when someone buys any concession items from their smartphones, that the client can easily show their purchase summary and our staff members can quickly see the order # without having to log in.

Thanks
Eduardo Silva
www.EduardoSilva.biz

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

Hi Eduardo,

If you go into /lib/templates/content-confirmation/elements, you'll find order-number.php.  Copy this file then create the following directory in your theme:  /exchange/content-purchases/elements/.  Upload your copy of order-number.php there.  

In /lib/templates/content-purchases/loops/, you'll find transaction-info.php.  Copy this file and in your copy, add 'order-number' to the end of the array you find there.  So it would look like this:

<?php foreach ( it_exchange_get_template_part_elements( 'content_purchases', 'transaction_fields', array( 'transaction-date', 'transaction-status', 'transaction-total', 'order-number' ) ) as $detail ) : ?>

Then, in YourTheme/exchange/content-purchases/, add a file called loops and upload transaction-info.php.  This should display the order number below the other transaction information.

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 5.14.24 PM.png

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#6 edsilva7

edsilva7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

Elise, thanks you very much, it works great! the only concern I have is that if these files will be lost every time I perform a theme or plugin update?
Eduardo Silva
www.EduardoSilva.biz

#7 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

Hi Eduardo,

If you upload it into the exchange directory I had you create in your theme, it will not be overwritten when you update Exchange.  If you just edited the Exchange files directly, they would be overwritten when you updated Exchange.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise

#8 edsilva7

edsilva7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

OK then, thanks a lot again
Eduardo Silva
www.EduardoSilva.biz

#9 edsilva7

edsilva7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hi Elise, today I found out that I lost the modification I made to show the ORDER NUMBER under the PURCHASES page when I updated my THEME to a newer version. Then I just simply re-do the modification and is working again, however, I'm wondering if the EXCHANGE developers could consider working on a permanent solution.

This information is critical for our staff members due that this way is fast and easy for them to verify and track the customer's purchases without having to have any printed invoice or needing to open their email and search for their paypal payment confirmation.I hope you consider adding this capability and the near future.

Thanks,
Eduardo Silva
www.EduardoSilva.biz

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users