Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Buddy Compatibiity With Dreamhost

backup buddy DreamHost compatibility snapshot backup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DaveN_*

Guest_DaveN_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Hi, I'm interested in a solid WordPress backup system. I've tried quite a number of WordPress plugins already. According to some old info in your support wiki, Dreamhost is not compatible or marginally compatible with BackUp Buddy... As of 2012.

I know that other WP plug-ins such as Snapshot Backup CAN make zips of my entire WP system, even over 1 gb. No problem there. Dreamhost's "Unlimited" hosting does allow temp storage of seemingly any size files. But they frown on obvious and excessive backup files stored long term.

What most haven't heard is that DH also gives their customers an additional free 50 gb "BackUps User" where you ARE allowed to store backups (FTP, RSync, etc) . The deal is that data in that BUU account is not backed up, which saves them tons of resources. DH has also opened a new datacenter in VA, and Irvine, CA, so I expect they have a lot of new hardware since 2012.

So since other backup plug ins seems to work OK at DreamHost, and a few years have gone by since your wiki host list was updated, I'd like to get a status update from you guys about if I can expect BackUp Buddy to be compatible at DreamHost.

Thanks,
DaveN

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 18,542 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

Hi DaveN,

No changes that I know of to the host. If the server can handle making the backup then it can handle it. If host doesn't like locally stored backups then be sure to have them sent offsite after they complete (can be done manually or set to be done automatically after a successful backup).

Hard to say but we are getting rid of the hosting ratings as they can vary wildly even at the same hosting company.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_Juicebox_*

Guest_Juicebox_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Dave, I use Dreamhost (with a dedicated server that we pay around 300 a month for - so pleanty powerful)

Dreamhost has massive issues with backupbuddy when it comes to the step of importing and modifying the DB.

I use the compatibility mode option on backupbuddy, and this works most of the time (but still have to cross fringers and hope it loads)

Ironically, I can upload the same build to my crappy cheap shared hosting perfectly file - no trouble... but it's practically falling over dead on a dedicated server