#1 dweuste

dweuste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

So, I'm working on setting up a client with a new store through exchange and am working on moving them from their previous ecommerce platform (Volusion) using a .csv file through WP All Import. I've generally had success at this point, but had a couple of questions I'm wondering if you might have answers for. The first and probably strangest is when importing the price. For instance if the I'm importing is $14.98, after the import the price is actually set at $0.15 in Exchange. Do you have any experience with WP All Import or with how exchange does it's prices in the database which would help that? I am sort of assuming that it isn't reading the decimal or something. It's pretty strange. The second issue is with the image. I can import the images as Featured images with no problem, but when I also try to import the images into the Exchange custom fields, it doesn't seem to map and I get a PHP error in the exchange images area. And unfortunately, the featured image isn't being read as the Exchange image. I am attaching a screenshot of the setup I'm using in WP All Import (minus the images as I wanted to get the images to get downloaded into the media library through the featured image). Any help would be great.

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 5.00.57 PM.png

#2 dweuste

dweuste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

Well, I got the price to work, I had to use a custom function that multiplied the imported price by 100 which go to the right price. Still not sure how to get the images to map correctly. They import as "featured images" and download into the media library, but can't seem to figure out how to then make the connection with the Exchange Images. When I manually add an image through editing the imported product and then go back to the WP All Import settings, the "existing values" look like this:

a:3:{i:0;i:12;i:1;i:13;i:2;i:14;}

Any idea how that xPath is created within exchange in order to maybe figure out how to make the import work? Otherwise I guess I'll need to connect the images manually. Any help is appreciated, but if this is beyond the forum protocol, just let me know.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exchange, wp all import, import

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users