Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Authorize.net Add-On Questions

authorize.net premium add-ons third party add-on exchange

2 replies to this topic

#1 dweuste

dweuste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

I have a client that has been using authorize.net for many years, and I am looking to create a new store for them using Exchange. I have a couple of questions about the Authorize.net Add-On though.

1. If I get SSL set up for their new site, does the add-on automatically handle the switch between ssl-and non-ssl pages?
2. Does that take care of PCI Compliance things? (I've only done Exchange with PayPal and Stripe before)
3a. In reference to the above questions would getting things together be as simple as installing an SSL certificate, installing the add-on, and entering the API Keys from Authorize.net into Exchange/the add-on? Or would other steps be required?
3b. Or, would I be better off setting it up through Mijireh and using that with Exchange instead of dealing with the SSL, etc.?

Thanks for the help.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 6,069 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hi David,

I believe that the plugin should handle the switch between SSL and non-SSL pages.  I want to double check that before I say for sure though.  The Authorize.net add-on is one of our third-party add-ons, so I'm going to double check with the developers and then I'll let you know for sure.

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert on PCI Compliance.  :)  There are a number of websites out there on the subject, however, which might be helpful.  I just Googled PCI Compliance and found a number of resources you can check out:  PCI Compliance

You typically purchase your SSL Certificate from your host  and they can help you out with getting that set up.  As for the Exchange side, it is as simple as installing the add-on and entering your API and Transaction Key.  

If you feel more comfortable going the Mijireh route, there is an add-on for integration with Exchange:  https://wordpress.org/plugins/mijireh-checkout-for-ithemes-exchange/

Thanks,

Elise

#3 dweuste

dweuste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for checking with the developer. And good to know about the PCI Compliance issue.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: authorize.net, premium add-ons, third party add-on, exchange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users