Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

not an error

Failed Login Attempt From Customer Log In Page Results In Blank Page

3 replies to this topic

#1 spencer

spencer

• Members
  • Others: Premium Exchange Addon
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

When I try to log in using Exchange’s Customer Log In page with invalid username and/or password I end up on a blank page (literally nothing in the source). Unfortunately, I’m developing locally and can’t provide a URL. However, to recreate the issue:
  • Install WordPress 3.9.1 (leave all default settings)

• Install iThemes Exchange 1.9.4 (no other plugins active)

• Activate iThemes Exchange

• Choose Offline Payments (must choose a payment method)

• Log out of dashboard

• Navigate to Customer Log In (/?account=1&log-in=1 because permalinks are still set to default)

• Attempt invalid log in

• End up at blank page (/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2F%3Faccount%3D1)
If after reaching the blank page you go back to the Customer Log In page and refresh, you will see the error messages stating the failed log in attempt.

#2 spencer

spencer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

It also looks like iThemes Exchange is causing wp-login.php to result in a blank page on failed log in attempts. If I disable Exchange, failed log in attempts to wp-login.php properly display error messages and run the "shake animation" of invalid input.

It appears that
add_filter( 'wp_login_errors', 'it_exchange_redirect_to_correct_login_form_on_error', 99 );
on line 1185 of lib/functions/functions.php is the culprit. Commenting it out fixes the blank page, but instead redirects the user to wp-login.php were WordPress' error messages are displayed instead.

In the it_exchange_redirect_to_correct_login_form_on_error function, the issue is that $wp_referer is empty and so is $exchange_pages[1] (the checkout page). Therefore, in_array( $wp_referer, $exchange_pages ) is true and so is $wp_referer == $exchange_pages[1]. Thus it_exchange_redirect( '', 'login-failed-from-' ) is called before die() causing the issue.

#3 spencer

spencer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

RESOLVED (needs to be actually marked resolved)

Turns out I had disabled sending HTTP-Referer headers in my browser causing wp_get_referer() to return empty.

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

Glad to hear it, Spencer!  I was testing it, but unable to replicate it, so I'm glad you found the issue.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: not an error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users