Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Why Host With Siteground

siteground offshore jobs usa

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 reluctantexan

reluctantexan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

I saw that you have a link to Siteground, recommending them for hosting. Why offshore? This is registered in Panama. Am I wrong?
One of the reasons I use iThemes is because I feel strongly about keeping jobs in the USA.
The main reason Hostgator is my hosting company for all my and my clients' needs is because they are a US company and use wind power. I also use VOIPO for my telephones because they are offshoots of Hostgator.
Is there an explanation for iThemes recommending an offshore company for hosting?
Thank you.

#2 Cory Miller

Cory Miller

iThemes CEO

• Administrators
  • 184 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Hey Reluctant Texan, I'd be glad to respond as the founder of iThemes and appreciate the opportunity to do so.

SiteGround is actually based in Bulgaria. I've personally met face to face their founder, CEO, COO and several people from their team. We use and recommend them because they are great strategic partners just like Site5 and ClickHost.com (all of whom I've met and trust). They provide an excellent product and service, are committed to serving our mutual customers and working together with us FOR those customers. That's why we recommend them.

You should also know, our second-longest tenured employee at iThemes is based in Europe and we have another part-time team member there as well. We've also employed people in other countries outside the U.S. and will continue to do so as needed.

Now, if you will, let me share some of my perspective ...

I am an American, born, raised and living in Oklahoma where our office is, and love my state and country ... just like I'm sure they and others love theirs. Like you and I, I'm sure they would prefer to have more and better jobs in their own countries. But our criteria for employment is fairly simple ... we hire for fit, commitment, skill and of course need. If that person fits those criteria extremely well and also happens to live outside of the U.S. and is clearly the better person for the job, we'll hire that person.

Having said all of that, I believe that what makes iThemes great and will enduringly make us great into the future is our people -- no matter what their home country, age, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation etc.

We invest in great people -- they have become my extended family and I count them as some of my closest friends in life -- to serve our customer community (the other group of our iThemes family) ... and I'm insanely proud and protective of those who serve you and thousands of others every day since 2008.

I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world because they do excellent work, are committed to our vision and values of serving the world and "making people's lives awesome" regardless of where they live. And even more importantly, I value them for the fact that they share their lives, gifts and time with me as we serve our community here at iThemes.

Thank you for allowing us to continue do that for you -- from wherever we live.
Founder, iThemes.com
Making web design fun and easy since 2008

Please don't PM me but you can email me at cory@ithemes.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: siteground, offshore, jobs, usa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users