Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Customization Of Exchange's Default Features - Button Text & Menu Options

exchange log in new user registration customize

3 replies to this topic

#1 bipi2006

bipi2006

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hi there -

I'm working on customizing some items for http://vigdigest.frameworktwo.com/ and I need some help.

1. On the home page, http://vigdigest.frameworktwo.com/, I can't for the life of me figure out where in the templates to change the text for 'Register' to 'New User Registration' - I thought I found it here: [templates/content-checkout/elements/purchase-requirements/logged-in/elements/login/register.php] but that doesn't change anything... Hopefully you can direct me to the PHP file that controls that.

2. On http://vigdigest.frameworktwo.com/product/subscribe/, when you click "Buy Now" as a new (not logged-in) user, there are two button options, one that says "Register" and one that says "Log In". I'd like to change the text inside those buttons to "New User Registration" and "Current Subscriber Login" but can't find the PHP file that controls that.

3. When you complete a purchase (you can use the coupon code 'free' to walk through the process), the page that appears has a menu with 'class="it-exchange-customer-menu"' - is there a way to edit the elements of this menu (i.e. delete one of the elements or change the name)?

4. Is there a way to edit the contents of the Super widget to say "Hello [Member Name]" when the user is logged in?
Right now we're using the '[it-exchange-page page='login']' shortcode to allow a subscriber to log-in, but that doesn't change once a user is logged in, so it looks kind of redundant. What I'm going for is, I believe, super-widget functionality that also acknowledges the user's name when they are logged in.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

D'nelle

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hi D'nelle,

I don't have an immediate answer for you on some of these, but I'm looking into it.  I just wanted to let you know, so you don't think I missed or ignored your post.  :)  

As soon as have all the answers for you, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 bipi2006

bipi2006

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

No worries, Elise - none of these are critical - I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about the guts of Exchange as I go. I appreciate the help!!!!

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

Hi D'nelle,

Sorry it took me a while to get back with you.

For questions 1 & 2:

In your child theme, you'll want to create a directory named exchange.  In that directory, you'll create the following four directories:
  • content-login
  • content-registration
  • super-widget-login
  • super-widget-registration
In each of those directories, you'll create one more directory:  elements

In /lib/templates/ you'll need to find and copy the following files:
  • content-login/elements/ - login-button.php & register.php
  • content-registration/elements/ - login.php & save.php
  • super-widget-login/elements/ - login-button.php & register.php
  • super-widget-registration/elements/ - login.php & save.php
In the copies of those files is where you'll make your customizations and then upload them into the corresponding directories in your child theme.  I've attached copies of those files with the customizations you were asking for.  

Number 3 kind of depends on which links you're talking about.  For instance, if you want to change Purchases to Receipts, you can go into Exchange > Settings > Pages and change the page title and slug for the Purchases page to Receipts.  It will then show as Receipts on the account page.  If you wanted to remove the Purchases page link on the account page, in Exchange > Settings > Pages, you would just change the Page Type to Disabled.

Question 4 isn't necessarily Exchange specific.  In the WordPress Codex, it gives you code you can use to display the user's name if they are logged in.  You'll have to add some conditional code to determine what to show.  For example:

<?php global $current_user; ?>
<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) { ?>
	<?php echo 'Hello, ' . $current_user->user_firstname . "!"; ?>
<?php } else {   ?>
	<?php echo do_shortcode( '[it-exchange-page page="login"]' ); ?>

<?php } ?>

That should either show "Hello, Name" if they're logged in or the Exchange log in form.  I used "user_firstname" but there are other options on the codex page I linked to previously.

I'm not sure how you have your sidebar set up.  I just used the Text Widget and a plugin called PHP Text Widget in order to use PHP in the Text Widget.

You may still need to do some styling, etc., but this should get you started!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Elise

Attached Files

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, exchange, log in, new user registration, customize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users