Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Calculate Shipping On Physical Products?

5 replies to this topic

#1 bethannon

bethannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

Is there an add-on that calculates shipping?  I see a features request column on the Roadmap, but is there something basic available?

(Again, this is where a search bar on the ithemes.com site would come in handy -- I really can't believe that you don't have one, and make me submit support tickets to find things like this!  I know that's not your job, but you could pass along the feedback.  I NEVER develop a site without a search bar!)

#2 bethannon

bethannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Found a video at: http://ithemes.com/tutorials/exchange-add-on-simple-shipping/, but can't find the Simple Shipping Add-on on the Add-ons page...

#3 nvimal

nvimal

iThemes Staff

• Moderators
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

Hey Bet,

If you scroll towards the bottom of the Add-ons page (in the admin Exchange menu in WordPress), it is bundled with Exchange.
Thanks,
Nikhil V.

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hi Bet,

Sorry for the frustration.  There is a search bar on the iThemes site.  There's not one on the homepage, but on the internal pages (like the blog page), you'll see the search box at the bottom of the sidebar:

Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 1.27.05 PM.png

For the type of information you're wanting, though, I think you'd be better off to search the forum.  We have various blog posts that give overviews of Exchange and the Exchange add-ons, but you'll find a lot more detailed information in the forum.  There is a search option in the forum in the top right corner:

Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 1.29.46 PM.png

There is not an add-on that calculates shipping.  The Simple Shipping add-on allows you to set a Flat Rate shipping cost and gives you the option to offer Free Shipping as well.

When you say the "Add-on Page," which one are you referring to?  The one in the dashboard on your site or the Exchange sales pages for add-ons?  Simple Shipping is a core add-on, so you'll find it in Exchange > Add-ons, towards the bottom of the page.  It won't show on ithemes.com/exchange/add-ons/ since it's not a premium add-on/

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise

#5 bethannon

bethannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Hi!  I did finally find it on the Exchange--Addons page of the admin dashboard.

My client is really wanting to having a shipping cost calculated.  Unfortunately, that might be a deal-breaker that means using another cart.  I see those Shipping requests on the Trello Roadmap-- any clues you can give me about the development schedule for UPS or USPS shipping costs calculated?

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hi Bet,

Unfortunately, I don't have a timeline for any of the development regarding shipping.  We understand if that means using an ecommerce plugin other than Exchange and just hope you'll keep it in mind for future projects.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users