Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Exchange And Maddison Is Out Of Sync

Exchange Maddison

5 replies to this topic

#1 danni_397

danni_397

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Hello,

I have my shop items loading on the shop page but when I click on an individual item to view an 404 error pops up. I have been using the estore for a couple of weeks with no issues, then I activated the Exchange update with not success.  

Please help!

#2 nvimal

nvimal

iThemes Staff

• Moderators
  • Others: Toolkit
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Hey,

Could I get a link to your website please? That will help us better troubleshoot the problem.
Thanks,
Nikhil V.

#3 danni_397

danni_397

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

http://wildpoetry.net/ I updated all plugins and it fixed the issues in July then today I updated the Maddison child theme and again the 404 error is showing for the individual product pages. I can't have this happen for an estore, it is not robust enough.

I can't get the product catagories to show and the GST tax component isn't separate.
We have a very simple store with low requirements but the exchange & Maddison combo is not working for us.

Very annoying.

Danni

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,369 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hi Danni,

I now get a "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" message when trying to access your site. Let me know when the site is back up and I will have a look.

Also, there should never be a reason to update a child theme. What exactly did you update, and how? And, restoring a backup should resolve this, and we can then take it from there and see what happens that seems to break the site,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 danni_397

danni_397

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:17 AM

Hello Ronald,

The website is running today. The child theme Madison was in my update list so I updated it then deactivated and reactivated Exchange and it fixed the syncing issue, although lost all my styling changes (used back up).

Is there a forum to add product search or product grid for categories? When I add Product categories to the menu it creates a archive page/post rather than a product grid.

I want to add categories like woothemes:
http://www.careeracademy.co.nz/product-category/admin/

Happy to start a new topic if there isnt one.

Cheers
Danni

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,369 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:22 AM

Hi Danni,

first of all, you loose your changes because you are not using a custom child theme with your Builder theme. So all the modifications that you do to the Builder theme will be overwritten when you update the theme. It is therefor highly recommended that you use a child theme. During theme activation, you are prompted to create such a custom child theme. If your theme is already active, you can re-initiate the child theme creation process via wp-dashboard > My Theme > Settings, click the "setup" tab. So I would do that first before proceeding. You can then add your custom css to the child theme's stylesheet style.css.

On the categories page, that is indeed another topic, but here are instructions on how to create a custom category template page: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_FAQs:_How_Do_I_Create_a_Custom_Product_Category_Page

hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, Exchange, Maddison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users