Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

resolved

Impossible For Paying Clients To Log In

Exchange login

6 replies to this topic

#1 patricklyoung

patricklyoung

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

Hi,

I have a flurry of client queries today as my subscribers cannot log in to their accounts to read material. This is clearly acutely stressful as we have material we cannot publish and staff are tied up apologising.

We didn't change any set up but (ExchangeInvest.net is the domain) but at present when you click the "log in" links as per how it worked until the other day, now there is simply nothing appearing - i.e. no windows to fill in with user name and password.

I have this problem on Chrome and currently won't log my other browser out simply for fear of being entirely locked out of the system!

Urgent attention would be appreciated as clearly this is very damaging for our business.

Thanks,

Patrick

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,698 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hi Patrick,

We just released an update of Exchange, version 1.10.3.  Can you try updating to this new version of Exchange and see if that corrects the issue?

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Elise

#3 patricklyoung

patricklyoung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hi Elise,

Sorry to say no, update makes no difference - there is no sign of any boxes to log in, and/or 404 style error codes telling me log in pages cannot be found... we have content ready to post but we're in a sticky position if the readers cannot access it, alas.

I really hope you can help, I am supposed to be on holiday...hence too I am confident I didn't do anything to the setup!

Best wishes,

Patrick

#4 patricklyoung

patricklyoung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:21 AM

Hello Elise,

Okay so http://exchangeinvest.net/account/log-in/ - the default generated page from Exchange seems to have disappeared/dissolved/gone rogue/packed up its bucket and spade before heading for the beach...

Would the workaround of linking to the default wp-admin log in page still work?

I am a little stressed here as my clients need this service and this is costing me money and credibility.

Best wishes,

Patrick

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

Hi Patrick,

Can you try resetting your permalinks and see if that corrects the issue?  You don't need to change anything, you'd just go into Settings > Permalinks and click the Save Changes button.  

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.  

Thanks,

Elise

#6 patricklyoung

patricklyoung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

Deep joy :-)

Did that and it works again - thank you very much Elise.

With all best wishes,

Patrick

#7 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

Glad to hear it, Patrick.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved, Exchange, login

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users