Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Adding Feature Image For Product To Builder Extension

builder exchange feature image extension grid display product category

4 replies to this topic

#1 namcon

namcon

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

I'm using Exchange with Builder (Threads) Child Theme and need to create product category page with grid display. Just like what you see in the main Store page.

Tried following this instructions (http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_FAQs:_How_Do_I_Show_the_Product_Featured_Image_on_Archive/Category_Pages) but the result didn't display in a grid as I wanted.

So I added the code bellow to my child theme function.php to make product category display in different layout that's using Portfolio Extension. (Layout ID bellow is my actual layout I'm using)

function custom_filter_category_layouts( $layout_id ) {

if (!is_admin() && (is_archive) && (builder_is_custom_post_type__it_exchange_prod ))
return '53eab15cab37f';

return $layout_id;
}
add_filter( 'builder_filter_current_layout', 'custom_filter_category_layouts' );

I manage to get the category page to display in grid, but the feature image is not displaying. Is there a way to edit Portfolio Extension to make it display product feature image like editing archive.php?

I can't find the files for Extension to edit, where is it located? Can it be copy to Child Theme? Could you provide me with code to add feature image as well?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hi namcon,

Have you checked out this codex article?  http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_FAQs:_How_Do_I_Create_a_Custom_Product_Category_Page  That article gives specific examples using Builder themes, so you might find it more useful.

Please check out that article and then let us know if you have any additional questions.  

Thanks,

Elise

#3 namcon

namcon

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

I did as the article (http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_FAQs:_How_Do_I_Create_a_Custom_Product_Category_Page) but the result didn't display in grid. That's why I had to use Portfolio Extension.

Is there a way to make it display in grid style?

#4 namcon

namcon

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

Forgot to tell you that I added the following code:

#it-exchange-store .it-exchange-products li {
		margin: 0 !important;
		padding: 0 !important;
		width: 33% !important;
		clear: none !important;
}

#it-exchange-store .it-exchange-products li:nth-child(3n+1) {
		clear: left !important;
}

The code was added to style.css in Exchange folder in child theme to make store display in 3 column grid. Is there a way to make product category display like store page?

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,356 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:34 AM

Hi,

View Postnamcon, on 13 August 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

I can't find the files for Extension to edit, where is it located? Can it be copy to Child Theme? Could you provide me with code to add feature image as well?

You should copy the "extensions" folder and the specific extension folder and contents from the Builder parent theme to your child theme folder. If there is no extensions folder in the root of your parent theme, check the wp-content/themes/{your Builder theme}/lib/builder-core/ folder,

For further help, please (always) add a link to your site,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, builder, exchange, feature image, extension, grid display, product category

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users