Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Exclusion Of Thumbnail Images

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Matrixik_*

Guest_Matrixik_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:33 AM

Hello,

I have sites with many images and I would like to know if BackupBuddy have option to not backup image thumbnails from upload folder (like BackWPup)?
Or if you don't have will you add it?

After restoring site I could regenerate all thumbnails with e.g http://wordpress.org/plugins/ajax-thumbnail-rebuild/.

Excluding thumbnails from backup will make backup filesize to be around 50% of the full backup.

Best regards

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hi Matrixik,

Are the thumbnails physical files? If so then yes can exclude them, especially if the thumbs are in their own subdirectory.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_Matrixik_*

Guest_Matrixik_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Hello,

they are not in separate folder.
Allow me to put quote here from BackWPup support forum:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-backwpup-ideas-excluding-intermediate-images-conditional-scheduled-backup

Exclusion of intermediate images
As you are probably aware, when you upload an image in WordPress, it generates several intermediate sizes defined at Media Settings screen and/or with custom code.
I propose that you add an option to exclude those intermediate images from backup and to backup only original, full sized images. One can later regenerate those intermediate sizes with some of available plugins.
List of intermediate images can be got by getting all attachments and passing array of sizes (got via get_intermediate_image_sizes()) to image_get_intermediate_size() function.

Best regards

#4 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

Hi Matrixik,

Those thumbnails are not currently exclude-able automatically. But to be able to do so has been added as a feature request.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#5 Guest_Matrixik_*

Guest_Matrixik_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Thank you for information.
Is there any place where I can follow implementation status?

#6 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 18,537 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

Hi Matrixik,

Nope, not a way that I know of.

Thanks,
-Akers
PRAISE LORD HELIX