Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Ithemes Security, Nginx, And Apache

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jim Poulakos_*

Guest_Jim Poulakos_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

Hello:

I am researching if iThemes is going to continue being compatible with our clients' websites in the future. Currently, iThemes Security states that it works with NGINX, but I could not find out much information about this. Right now, our web server infrastructure for PHP-based sites is running a standard LAMP stack and this is not an issue.

However, in the future, our roadmap for server architecture is going to be switching to an NGINX server which will use an internal proxy to Apache for PHP services (although php-fpm is not out of the question during our discovery period).

Are there going to be any issues with our new setup in terms of iThemes Security? Are there any specific issues I need to be aware of when using NGINX and Apache with iThemes Security? Additionally, are there any special configurations that I will need to implement?

Thanks!

#2 Chris Wiegman

Chris Wiegman

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Administrators
  • Others: Toolkit
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Hello,

I'm the developer of iThemes Security and use it with NGINX myself (in some cases even with Varnish in front). You'll have no problems. The only catch, as NGINX doesn't have a .htaccess file, is you'll have to include the nginx.conf file created by the plugin in your virtual host configuration and restart the NGINX server when it changes.

Cheers,
Chris

iThemes Security Developer

#3 Guest_Jim Poulakos_*

Guest_Jim Poulakos_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Chris. Is there a setting in iThemes Security to change the name of the config file easily? We currently run ~220 sites, about 70% of them using Wordpress.

Thanks,
Jim