Backupbuddy - Copy Live Wordpress Site To Subdomain

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Karin_*

Guest_Karin_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hi,
I was thinking of purchasing backupbuddy, but I wanted to make sure that it could do what I need.
I want to copy a live wordpress site in the www dir on a host to a subdomain files and database. Can it do that?
ie: site.com,  db_wp  to test.site.com , db_test
Does it change the config file and handle the urls and serialization?

Thanks for your help!
Karin

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 12,776 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hi Karin

Thanks for your interest in BackupBuddy.

Yes, certainly. This is what we would call a "migration" (because some parameters of the site are changing) and is quite a common use for BackupBuddy.

The process is really the same whether you are migrating a site to a completely new hosting or simply to a subdomain of an existing site on the same server under the same hosting.

If you have any additional questions or clarification required please let us know, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#3 Guest_karin_*

Guest_karin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

hi Jeremy,
Does it change the config file and handle the urls and serialization?

Thanks!

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Pre-sales and other inquiries forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users