Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Flexx

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_mar_*

Guest_mar_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

Which theme can be used to create a simple niche website?

I just wanted a 2 column page with no menu bar.
I want landing page to be satic and function as website, not blog..

Can a one column squeeze page be created.

What is easiest theme for a non html techie to work with.

Who can help customize an itheme

If you don't pay for premium membership is life going to be he-- trying to get info from forums.

Are there thorough videos to make clear any technical help.

Why does one have to pay extra to get better help.

Is it wordpress itself that is flawed or could it be my present theme now that makes what I see when I type in visual editor different than what I see when online
thanks.

#2 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

Hi, Mar -I'll try to answer in the order you asked. Quite a list there!

1. Any of the themes

2. Squeeze pages can't be created within the theme itself.

3. Just about any of them will be easy enough for you. Most themes can be used and managed without needing HTML knowledge, Flexx included. Certain customizations will require HTML, so if you don't know HTML then you will need to use the theme "as it" as much as possible. Or seek outside help.

4. Depends on the customization level needed. The Support Forum can help with minor tweaks, but anything above and beyond will be referred out to a third party.

5. There is no "premium" membership. There is 1 membership and it comes automatically when you purchase the theme. The only way you don't get access to the forum is if you don't purchase a theme (or when you subsctiption expires in 1 year)

6. Yes, Flexx theme in particular has lots of free videos on its sales page. http://ithemes.com/purchase/flexx-theme-wordpress-blog-themes/

7. You do not pay extra. You pay the price for the theme and are given a login to the forum. However, this is a one year term. After one year, you would need to renew your theme subscription in order to continuing receiving theme updates and support. This is so we can stay in business and pay the bills Posted Image

http://ithemes.com/frequently-asked-questions/#20

8. I have no idea, I'm afraid.

Flexx theme can create a static landing page for a site. It will function as a "blog" by default, but that is why the option for a static front page is available.

Thanks!