Flexx Pro 2.7.8 upgrade Theme Failed, Destination Folder Already Exists

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wendy Lawson

Wendy Lawson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

Follwed instructions for Easy Theme Upgrader, activated, selected YES to "upgrade existing theme", but after unpacking it said the destination folder already exists and FAILED to install the new Flexx Pro upgrade (my existing theme is Flexx Pro version from around October 2009, I'm using Word Press v. 2.9.2 Wanted to install the latest Flexx Pro theme version before I go ahead and upgrade to WordPress 3.0. Assume with the latest Flexx Pro upgrade that newer Word Press features will work, like post thumbnails automation so I can install a plugin to pull excerpts and generate thumbnails from existing photos in the existing posts. Please advise why Easy Theme Upgrader did not work.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,875 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:32 AM

Hi,

the plugin doesn't issue such a message, the default WordPress theme installer does though. Are you sure you are using the plugin to upgrade your theme, i.e. is the plugin activated?

If so, check the permission of the wp-content folder:

- install, activate and run the wp-security scan plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-security-scan/) to check file and folder permissions etc. Upon activation of the plugin, use the "Scanner" option from the plugin menu in the sidebar. Make sure the permission issues are resolved.

And I just published an article regarding the implementation of featured images (aka post thumbnails), that may hit the (post thumb-) nail on the head,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.