Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

backupbuddy and multisite

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lou Anne_*

Guest_Lou Anne_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:18 AM

How does backupbuddy handle multisite and importing to a client site. If I use multisite to develope sites and then move them using backupbuddy to the clients server. What will be included in the database?

#2 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

BackupBuddy does not support multisite. BackupBuddy can't migrate multisites, but it has been reported that it can restore a backup to exactly the same spot on the same server since none of the linking information changes.

#3 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

This has been stated <a class="sfcode" href="http://pluginbuddy.com/purchase/backupbuddy/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">here</a> on our Backupbuddy product page.

Thanks!

Josh
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!

#4 zoemin

zoemin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Skyler says BB does not support multisite.

The BackupBuddy product page states:

<p style="padding-left: 30px">We do not officially support MU or multisite currently. However, it has
been reported that in MU BackupBuddy can backup either the current site
or all sites on the single WP installation and in WordPress 3.0âs
multisite, it backs up the entire set of sites on the single WP
installation.

So to clarify for myself, does this mean that BB unofficially supports WordPress 3.0âs multisite as long as all sites are on a single WP installation and restored only to the original server location? But we should not expect to be able to migrate a WP 3.0 multisite image to another server....?

-- Thanks!

#5 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

Hi Jean,

Yes that is correct. It only works if you restore it to the same place you already have it installed. Not at the moment. We might add the multisite feature in the future, as it is still under discussion.

Thanks!

Josh
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!

#6 befound

befound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

Hi Josh,

Since I purchased backupbuddy so I can migrate to a new site AND I would like to use multisite for developing my client's site please include this in your next release. If a good deal of your profit is made by people buying the developer package of backup buddy, then it's likely that's the group that wants this option. WP3.0 gave us the gift of of combining multisite into the core, taking backupbuddy to that level keeps your product in sych with that feature.

There are other backup systems, for free, that I could be using but backupbuddy was worth the purchase for the migration feature.

Thanks for listening,

Lou Anne

#7 ckelsoe

ckelsoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:24 AM

Ditto what Lou Anne said.

#8 Mark T

Mark T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:21 AM

+1 vote for adding migration-with-multisite support to BackupBuddy.

As Lou Anne pointed out, multisite is now part of core. It is very useful for clients who run a few domains off of a single WP installation. If you can help us consultants with our development to production processes, it'll be a huge differentiator compared to free solutions. You'll get extra mentions on forums and blogs when I can say, "Oh yeah, BackupBuddy can handle this otherwise tough migration situation."

Thanks!

-Mark

#9 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,131 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

@all, this is a forum board for pre-sales questions,

If you want to add suggestions, comments and or recommendations, please do so in the appropriate forums, I'm afraid most posts here will remain unnoticed,

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#10 mymousepad

mymousepad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

added a request here, so we can encourage the new feature to be added Posted Image

http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10433-multisite-migration-to-single-site-with-backup-buddy/#p48708

#11 Guest_Ilias_*

Guest_Ilias_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

Will there be an official multisite support in the near future?