Displaying Page content inside of Tabber Widget like this

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 nick spooner

nick spooner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

Hey,

After many hours of trying to find / figure out how to get this effect to work, Ronald enlightened me that the tabber widget was used on the WP Plug in's directory 'Plug in' homepages to display the contents of a different page when a tab is clicked. See here for an example. You will note that when a tab is clicked the URL changes to point to page from which the content is retrieved/displayed.

After quite a few hours more work and research I cannot for the life of me figure out how this is done.

Please can someone show me?

Cheers

Nick
Rabid fan of Builder and the amazing support

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Hi Nick,

there may be some misunderstanding. I pointed you to a plugin that does something similar, and it's a plugin that's created by our very own Dustin "PluginBuddy" Bolton. It does not retrieve any page contents, but rather, it allows you to define a set of tabs in the widget settings from the wp-dashboard, after which you can use the WordPress widget functionality to populate any of those tabs, with a text widget, or any other widget.

Hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Joy_*

Guest_Joy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Hi,

I am utterly new here and trying to populate the Tabber widget with content. I cannot find any articles or instructions about how to do that and am wondering what I am missing.

This plugin appears to be the answer to my dreams (I am not a programmer) and I already appreciate it just because I could get the tabs to show up EASILY in my sidebar.Posted Image

But no content. I tried to drag another widget into the Tabber widget but that didn't work. ../../../wp-content/plugins/simple-forum/editors/tinymce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif

You can see what I got to work on the right sidebar (below "Most Recent Posts) here:

<p style="padding-left: 30px">http://singbabysing.net

Help is most appreciated.

Joy

P.S. I love your site layout, colors, etc., by the way!

#4 Guest_Joy_*

Guest_Joy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

Ooops. Forgot to mention that this site is not fully operational yet. For instance the shopping cart checkout is not finished yet. Sorry about that. Posted Image

Joy

#5 Guest_Joy_*

Guest_Joy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hi again,

I made a little screencast to show you what's going on in the hopes that it might help you to help me.

<p style="padding-left: 60px">http://screencast.com/t/pfxcgBAf

Thanking you in advance for your suggestions.

Joy

#6 Guest_Joy_*

Guest_Joy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

Me again. Patience is required. Posted Image

I think I see what the problem is. Here is what it says under "Installation" on the WP page for the plugin.

• Activate the Tabber Tabs Widget plugin
  • Head on over to your themes widget area.  You will see two news items: Tabber Tabs Widget Area and Tabber Tabs Widget.
  • Drag some of your existing widgets (ie. Pages, Archives, etc) on to the Tabber Tabs Widget Area.
  • Drag the Tabber Tabs Widget on to one of your sidebars (ie Sidebar 1, Sidebar 2, etc)
    BAM! You now have a tabbed area in your sidebar.  Congratulations!
My problem seems to be that in Step 2, the Tabber Tabs Widget Area does not show up. Only the Tabber Tabs Widget shows up so that must be why I cannot get content into my widget.

I'm running Thesis 1.7 and WP 3.01.
Any ideas?

Thanks again,
Joy

#7 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Hi Joy,

You first drag the tabber widget into an existing widget(this will be where you tabs will show). Then there should be existing widgets there(depending on how many tabs you have created) labeled tabber-tabberwidget and you place your content there. I hope this helps clarify things.

Thanks!
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!

#8 Guest_Chandan_*

Guest_Chandan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:59 AM

This is confusing as hell. You have really good products some of which (like tabber widget is free), but your instructions are downright non-user friendly especially for newbie's like me.

"What do you mean "drag the tabber widget into an existing widget"?

Can you guys not have a step-by-step instructions to make it simple or is this a marketing ploy?

For me, this will only turn people off and I haven't slept the whole night trying to figure this thing out.

You do not provide no screenshots like the other plugins.

God, if it was simple and easy, I would have donated some money for the effort like I always do.

Keep it simple for simple folks like me.

Thanks

#9 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

I'm very sorry that you ran into some issues with using tabber widget.

A tutorial video of how to use tabber widget sounds like a great idea I will suggest that video to our video guy.

We didn't mean to cause any frustration, if you have any questions we will be happy to answer them here in the support forum.

Have a good day.