query posts widget + tabber

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_polymathicmedia_*

Guest_polymathicmedia_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

Hi there! This is an odd predicament...

If you take a look at http://yeahnewyork.com (still in production, obviously) the tabbed calendar, should show 5 posts each (well, custom post types -- I am using Query Posts plugin for any list of items you see anywhere on that site, to great success) but it only shows the very first one.

Sort of an odd predicament -- any insight? running most recent of tabber and wp. I recommend using firefox as this site has not been tested for other browsers yet.

thanks so much!

Marcy

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,949 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:49 AM

Hi Marcy,

if you use that query post code anywhere else (say in a text widget, if you have php enabled), does it work as expected. The widget does not fiddle with the contents, so it is odd indeed!

let us know,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_polymathicmedia_*

Guest_polymathicmedia_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:58 AM

hi!
site is live at yeahnewyork.com now... granted, still being filled with content.
every other column/sidebar widget you see on that page is "query posts" i.e. the spotlight, popular, etc.... same thing with sidebar content on Music or Film etc... and the widget (in appropriate tabber areas) is set to 5 posts apiece....

thanks in advance!

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,949 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

Hi,

can you post your code for the widgets in a pastebin (and share the link) so I can try to replicate this?

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_polymathicmedia_*

Guest_polymathicmedia_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:53 PM

"query posts" is just a widget, that is thrown inside of the tabs....

if you can shoot me an email at marcy@polymathicmedia.com or give me permission to PM you, I'd gladly give you a login and you can just take a look? will save you a lot of time in the long run, like if I don't paste the right code up front.... sigh. these people are breathing down my neck and it's driving me nuts!

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,949 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

Hi,

I can try to replicate this to find out if there are any compatibility issues, what is the exact name and URL of the plugin?

Note that support on our premium products has priority over that on our free products (http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1047-free-plugin-support-sop-please-read-before-posting/),people breathing down your neck may have to hold their breath a bit.

Ronald

Edited by Ronald, 02 September 2010 - 03:04 AM.

#7 Guest_polymathicmedia_*

Guest_polymathicmedia_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

yeah I told them I'm doing what I can, they are just pushy (and annoying) so that's their problem! they can wait, I totally understand.

http://justintadlock.com/archives/2009/03/15/query-posts-widget-wordpress-plugin here is the widget, it's saved my butt when I decided to use custom post types.