Views

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 mroracle

mroracle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:41 AM

Hello,

I watched the Power iThemes Builder - Build Layouts fast video.

On this I noticed a column called views, perhaps I am getting my hopes up too high, but views to me are things created on the database with SQL code, the data extracted from the SQL code is then presented in the view.

Pretty sure I am getting my hopes up, but does the Builder theme let you somehow create views of the underlying data?

This would be a killer feature for my clients if you have managed to get Builder to do this with WordPress!

Kind regards

MrOracle

#2 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • 22,258 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

Nope, the views in Builder are not the same in SQL.

Builder views refer to views in WordPress like these: Home page, Blog page, archives, categories, tags, single post, search, 404.

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,656 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

Hi,

you may be pleased to know that during the last dev meeting, we did discuss (and decided on developing) such a feature. To be able to create your own data-sets, with your data selections, sequencing, etc. It's still on the drawing board, but we did realise that it would be a "killer" feature indeed!

For the time being, a plugin such as the Query Posts widgets is the nearest alternative.

Stay tuned,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.