Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Links with anchor # do not work inside tabs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gerobe_*

Guest_gerobe_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:58 AM

I have normal links to other pages with anchors in one of my tabs (recent comments) when you click on those, nothing is happening. The main link to a site does work:

www.mydomaind.com/page/ <-- This link kann be clickt.

www.mydomaind.com/page/#comment-123 <-- Nothing is happening, when I click on this link.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hi,

the links you posted are not working, please add a link to an online site, so we can look into this.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_gerobe_*

Guest_gerobe_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

a page on the the real site is e.g.

http://www.literaturcafe.de/urlaubslektuere-verkauft-die-leser-nicht-fuer-hummeldumm/

now klick on the widget "Interessantes" on the lower right side. this is the tabber widget. now klick on "Zuletzt kommentiert" (Recent comments). If you click the title of a post, the links are working. of you click on the commenters names, that schould lead yout to the comments, those links with a # to the comment-number are not working.

greeting

gero

#4 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

My apologies for butting in on the thread here, but...

I have a similar issue. When working on the temporary URL and building the site, all was fine, tabber widget worked great. After going live last night and sometime during the day today it stopped working.

I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled. No go.

I have chosen the basic light theme and yet it shows dark.

There are 4 tabs with text widgets in them and none of them work except for the first one.

The links read siteurl.com/#tabber-widget...

When you click on a tab nothing happens.

I adore this plugin and am frustrated I cannot get it configured correctly.

Is there another script on my page that could be interfering? Is it script related? In that department I need a bit of work.

The site is here.Please oh please take a quick peek and give me a hint???

#5 Guest_gerobe_*

Guest_gerobe_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

Hello Sarah,

just clicked on your site and found everything working perfect.

My problem is quite diffent: links with anchors in them don't work when inside a tabber tab. the changing of the tabs tehmselfs works great.

gero

#6 Guest_gerobe_*

Guest_gerobe_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:37 AM

@Ronald

I dont't want to dig that deep into the tabber jquery code, but I see, that a lot of operations are based on a #. I think this is because to find out which tab was clicked. Maybe these lines block the use of normal anchor-links to other pages if the link has a #?

Greetings

gero

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

Hi,

it appears to be the same issues as the one posted here. I don't think there's a resolution to this yet, but I'll alert the dev crew.

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

@Sarah,

yours appears to be another issue, please open a new topic with your issue.

thanks,
Ronald

#9 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

gero,

are you using a plugin for the recent comments? Rather than the standard WordPress widget?

Ronald

#10 Guest_gerobe_*

Guest_gerobe_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

Yes, we are using "Get recent comments"

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/get-recent-comments/

#11 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:04 PM

Can you try using the "native" recent comments widgets? So deactivate the plugin, and use the Recent Comments widget

let us know,

Ronald

Edited by Ronald, 17 September 2010 - 08:06 AM.

#12 Guest_gerobe_*

Guest_gerobe_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:51 AM

Just switched to the default widget, but the same problem: links to comments (links with a #) do not work.

Switched back to the plugin version.

#13 Guest_gerobe_*

Guest_gerobe_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

@Ronald

I did some further research with Firefox, Firebug and FireQuery (http://firequery.binaryage.com).

Now what I see is, that there is an event-handler on the link with an anchor and when clicked it adds the css-class "selected" to the link. This class is not in our css-styles but -- in the tabber-css.

So again my question is there maybe an error inside the tabber jQuery selectors? Do they select more links as they should which leeds to not working anchor links inside the tabber widget?

#14 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for that gero!

If we were aware of an error, we would have fixed it already. That doesn't mean there isn't an error. I've escalated this to the real clever guys Posted Image so the lead plugin developer is looking into this, I will pass this information on as well!

Ronald

#15 Guest_gero_*

Guest_gero_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:57 AM

Any news here?

#16 andreakropp

andreakropp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

All-

I have a suspicion that this is the same sort of issue that's preventing the pagination function within Featured Posts from working correctly inside a tabber. The pagination function seems to use the hash mark (#) as well in creating its links. Just thought the team might appreciate another clue.

-Andrea and Karl

#17 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

definitely appreciated, thanks!

#18 Guest_gero_*

Guest_gero_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

It's me again, asking when a programmer might take a look at this problem?

I can reproduce this issue with every installation and even when putting basic html with a link containing a # in a tabber widget.

The problem is clear: Links with an achor do not work inside a Tabber-area. The jQuery-Code used by Tabber responsible for the switch of the tabber-tabs does interfere with a "normal" link containing a #.

#19 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:05 AM

@gero

I am not familiar with the background of what's being discussed in this thread..but by just looking at your post I think this link might be useful/applicable:

http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8434-anchor-links-dont-work-in-internet-explorer/#p39404

#20 andreakropp

andreakropp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

@Sridhar and gero

Thanks for keeping this thread going. I had a look at Chris' excellent post. Not sure it addresses exactly the behavior we're talking about, since the issue occurs in any browser we use (not just IE).

Best,

Andrea and Karl