Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Lost all my styling!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 fingerprint

fingerprint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

Website is: http://theadvocatesguild.org/

I just uploaded the easy theme plugin and followed the directions to upgrade the Builder Style Manager. When I refreshed the site...all my original styles are gone! I know there is a backup somewhere but I have two questions:

1) how do I reinstall the backup immediately before my client freaks out and

2) How can I upgrade the style plugin without having this happen(2nd time this has happened when upgrading this plugin). Thanks for your help!

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,756 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:00 AM

Hi,

as per the instructions, a (zipped) backup will be created in the media library. You should be able to restore the previous version of the theme by replacing the newly updated theme using that backup file.

Posted Image

On the other issue, I think there are similar issues reported, I will alert the plugin devs though,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 fingerprint

fingerprint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:39 AM

Thank you for that! Saved my bacon...but now I'm scared to upgrade to the latest version of the style manager again. I can't keep losing my styles. Can Chris send out a notice when he's fixed this? I rely so much on his great plugin!! Thanks so much-

#4 bcaraway

bcaraway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Webdesign
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:02 PM

Just saw Pia's post and it stopped me in my tracks as I was about to ugrade a client's site that I had (temporarily) forgotten included a lot a custom styling - the site is based on Flexx-Green (v 2.4.9).

Given how out-of-date the site's theme version is, I want to upgrade but certainly want to figure out all the styling changes that have been made so that I can recreate them after upgrading.

I "inherited" this site and was not the one who made the styling changes. I guess I could pull down all the style.css files and do a compare but that doesn't sound like a lot of fun and I am not certain if this would reveal all the changes to me.

Any suggestions on the best way to proceed when upgrading the theme for a site with custom styling where you don't have the source or knowledge of all the previous styling that was done?

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,756 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hi,

check these posts for inspiration,

http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4525-multicolumn-in-main-area/#p20787

http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7011-flexx-pre-wp30-to-post-30/#p32788

http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5965-meta-description-problem/#p27474

http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6794-preserve-customization-while-upgrading-flexx/#p31651

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 bcaraway

bcaraway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Webdesign
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Good info (as always) Ronald - thanks for pulling this together!

Not looking forward to the diff compare, but maybe it won't be so bad. At least, it appears, that I have company, when it comes to needing to upgrade Flexx. Hopefully, my bunkmates aren't too miserable. Posted Image