Tabber contgent and titles get moved

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 russell

russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

WIdgets (or widget content...not sure) get moved randomly to other widget areas in my list of tabbers. It has happened a couple of times. It seems it is when I am adding more layouts or new tabbers (not sure just yet). I just know it is a pain relocating the widgets back to the correct tabber. Has anyone else experienced this?

Using anchor child theme and builder.

Russ

www.thecoastalguy.com

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:03 AM

moving this to the tabber plugin support forum. Do you not have another thread open on the topic though?

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 russell

russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:55 AM

No I do not think so. The other issue was with tabs not displaying content correctly but I think I have that resolved.

This is a separate issue with the widgets getting moved to different tabbers when making some additions. It has happened a couple of times. I need to pin down the action that causes it but it seems that it is related to either creating more tabbers or layouts that have tabber widgets. It pushes the existing widgets around in the list of tabbers so I have to drag them back in their correct location. These are text widgets in the tabbers I am speaking of.

Here is a screenshot. There is text in the first (default open tab) I put in all the text widgets under each tabber location and you can see some are missing that text because the text widget was moved randomly to another tabber. You can see that some of the text in the open tabs such as under Hilton Head Vaction Condos now has the text widget that was origionally put under Hilton Head Hotels. So now I have to move it back to the Hotel tabber location.

Posted Image

Russ

www.thecoastalguy.com

#4 russell

russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:46 AM

This was very likely due to my own mistake. This could have been caused by not refreshing the widget section after making changes to layouts and entering widget info into widgets that were actually changed.

I keep widget sections open in a different tab so I can work between sections faster. Just have to be sure to refresh the widgets after making changes to a layout.

Just FYI in case it happens to someone else.

Russ

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for sharing Russ ... you got me stumped there! Posted Image

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 russell

russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

Well I was wrong. I just made adjustments to one of the tabber widgets (changed it from 8 tabs to 7 tabs) and it made the tabber content in some of the other tabs move by one tab and kicked one out to the "inactive widget section".

Eveidently making changes to exsiting tabs has an effect on saved ones. Not good.

Russ

www.thecostalguy.com

#7 russell

russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

A little more info as I have been working with the tabs today. The content gets moved around in the tabbers with any changes to other existing tabber widgets whether adding tabs or subtracting tabs. I have tabbers in several layouts and any changes to a saved tabber widget such as adding or subtracting a tab cause the content of the tabs in other tabbers to be moved.

Hope this makes it clear and it can be fixed.

Thanks, Russ

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,404 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

I will reopen this, and wait for the experts to jump in,

Ronald

#9 russell

russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

Thanks Ronald but there does not seem to be much concern. No feedback or help so far since noting the problem 3 weeks ago.

Maybe I can find another tab plugin that will work. Please advise if you knw of one.

Thanks, Russ

#10 skylermoore

skylermoore

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, All Plugins, DisplayBuddy, ThumbsUp
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

Sorry that you have been running into some issues, I ran some tests and was able to reproduce the problem you are having.

We are going to be looking into trying to fix some of the reported bugs with tabber widget, but I don't really have an estimation on when a new version with the fixes will be done so I understand if you want to find a different plugin for your site.

I haven't really used any other tabber plugins so I don't have any suggestions for you.

Thanks for helping us find this issue and thank you for your patience.

#11 russell

russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

There are other tab plugins but I have not found one that works with my theme.

So for the time being I have.......

I have redone all the tab menus I think I will use for a while and put in 10 tabs for each with the ones I am not using blank (actually with a "-"). That way I can fill in the blank ones if needed without affecting the others since I will not be adding any new tabs.

This is a tempoary fix while I wait for it to be addressed. Once it is fixed I hope to delete the tabs I do not need without affecting the content of the others.

Thanks,

Russ

www.thecoastaqlguy.com (building)

#12 Darryl Mitteldorf

Darryl Mitteldorf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:21 AM

I also noticed this issue on my tabbler widgets, too. I have three set up on the home page of my builder2.6.2/anchor site, malecare.org

Edited by Darryl Mitteldorf, 14 October 2010 - 01:25 AM.